Activation code is consumed by another user (my old computer..).. + error code dre-415

Hi everyone
Please Help…:wink:
I have created several support requests to Steinberg (18 days ago now), but they haven’t answered, so I hope somebody can help here. If not, maybe you have a tip about how to get to talk with some Steinberg people…

I am trying to install Cubase Pro 10.5, which I bought retail a few years ago at Thomann, on my new Computer. But I can’t get the activation to work properly.
I have installed the full version, using my Download Access Code, but when I then sign in on Steinberg, and try to ‘Redeem Download Access Code’ to get my activation code, I get this message:
“Something went wrong. Please contact your local support team and have the error-code “dre-415” ready.” (…which seems to have to do with conflicting user accounts).
And when I try to do the same in Steinberg Download Assistent, it tells me:
“Download Access Code is already consumed by another user. Please contact your local support team.”
-I have downloaded the program one time before on my old computer (where it still is), and now I want it to work on my new.
So my first theory is, that “that other user” should be me on my old computer, right? I have never given out the codes or dongles to anybody else.
-When I downloaded the program the first time on my old computer, I used my old USB-dongle (from some older previous versions), and in my eLicenser Control Center I can see that Cubase Pro 10.5 is licensed on that dongle. Afterwards I discovered that there was a new dongle in the box I bought with the License Redemption Card.
-I have two different Steinberg Logins (one old and one new). But the Cubase 10.5 does not figure in any of them (so I might not have registered corrctly…?)
On the old one, I can see my older Steinberg Software Products, and two different Soft-eLicensers, but no dongles and no Cubase 10.5.
On the new account, I can see no software products, and my newest dongle…
-When I login to Steinberg Activation Manager, on both my accounts it says “No Licenses Found”…
-In Steinberg Download Assistant on my old computer, on my new account login, I can see Cubase Pro 10.5 under My Product Downloads, but when I try to enter the Download Access Code to get an activation code for the Steinberg Activation Manager, it says that the Download Access Code is already consumed by another user, which is weird because I am the user… (??)

-Will it have any effect to uninstall the Cubase on my old computer?
-Or is it because the Download Access Code can only be used one time?
…and if that is the case, how do I get a new…?

I am completely confused now, and I really don’t know what to do from here…

-If you are in my area (Copenhagen, DK), I will gladly give a nice bottle of red wine for a solution…:slight_smile:
I am getting kind of desperate… I have music to do, and I don’t have the temper for long time computer/software stuff… :wink:

Best regards, Simon

There is nothing to activate. Plug your dongle containing the license into the computer. Launch Cubase.

Cubase 10.5 doesn’t use the Steinberg Activation Manager.

The Download Activation Code works only on the first install.
Your license should be stored on your USB-eLicenser, which you can plug in to any PC to get a Cubase 10.5 Pro installation to work.

Hi and thanks for your reply.
Yes, it took me a while to understand that there is actually no activation to do… Dough.
But what about registration and getting my Cubase Pro 10.5 to appear on my Steinberg login…?
I seem to be stucked in a loop where I cant register correctly because I need an activation code, which I don’t have anymore.
And somehow my Cubase Pro 10.5 appears only on my old dongle, and not on my Steinberg login, or anywhere else…
So how do I secure my product?
I guess I should speak with Steinberg about that, but they don’t seem to answer…
Anyways, thanks… :+1:

This is not accurate. Use the Register menu item in the Elicenser Control Center.

Then you have another account, or never registered the USB key.

Sorry, but still, though:
Everytime I open Cubase, it goes:

“You have not activated your Cubase Pro 10 license permanently yet. You may use it for another 24 hours 55 minutes. Please activate the permanent license in the eLicenser Control Center.”

Why does it do that, if there is nothing to activate?

And if I try do the option: “Start license activation”, it asks for the 32-digit activation code, which I don’t have… ??
I’m confused…

Sorry, but still, though:
Everytime I open Cubase, it goes:

“You have not activated your Cubase Pro 10 license permanently yet. You may use it for another 24 hours 55 minutes. Please activate the permanent license in the eLicenser Control Center.”

Why does it do that, if there is nothing to activate?

And if I try do the option: “Start license activation”, it asks for the 32-digit activation code, which I don’t have… ??
I’m confused.

Is that correct? Post a screenshot?

Yes, the only place I can see that my Cubase Pro 10.5 “exists”, is on my old USB-licenser. It does not appear, neither on the dongle I got with the package from Thomann, nor on any on my Steinberg accounts… The only reason I can imagine for this, is that I must have had my old dongle in the computer (instead of the new dongle) when I entered the first-time Download Access Code.

But that still doesn’t explain why I can’t see my product anywhere on my Steinberg accounts.

My problems seem to come somewhere from the mess of having two accounts, two dongles, both old and new Cubase versions, shifting to a new computer, and not being too familiar with the whole licensing system…

I am in mail-contact with a Steinberg co-worker now, although really slow because they are busy.

Thanks anyway…

Then plug that dongle into your current computer.