Activation manager went blanc and unresponsive

• Yes, let’s forget the route I was taking. It’s not for everybody. But the main point is that it’s probably something with your Windows, not something with Cubase/ Activation manager.

Not sure though what you could do besides that. Maybe some beginner things you could try. Or maybe you have already tried them.

• Make sure that you have done all Windows updates
  • Try disabling your anti-virus / firewall
  • Running an anti-virus scan never hurts either.
  • You could try that anti-malware Spybot (Search & Destroy). I believe it checks registry keys also, so maybe that could help.
1 Like

Sorry to hear that Steinberg support left you in the dust.

The points from the last post @valleyken are something to consider and check.

One more question, if not already done, can you please try to reinstall the software as administrator? This should at least fix all kinds of possible permission problems

2 Likes

Done all mentioned during last month besides running as administrator.
Windows is up to date.
Kaspersky intenet security was runing all the time and now is temporarily uninstalled.
Checked system with SpyHunter
Today also installed Activation manager as administrator
No help
This is somehow even funny.
I was planning to upgrade my PC with modern motherboard and CPU anyway. I think I’ll proceed with that sooner than expected, with subsequent move to Windows 11.
But will Cubase or any other Steinberg product find its place on my new PC, remains big question.
Thank you all for your help !

1 Like

Well, if you going to do that, why not format your HD or SSD and do a clean reinstall of Windows first?

If you can run Cubase then, it will at least give you piece of mind, and you don’t have to rush into something in emergency mode.

1 Like

The solution, that apparently Steinberg employee suggested in parallel thread worked also for me.
Finding Aplication manager in Win + R by name %appdata%\Steinberg\Activation Manager and deleting Activation manager folder with subsequent reinstallation was effective.
Now all runs well.
I would be extremely happy, but being Cubase user for 10 years, I’m completely sure, that new bug is waiting around the corner. With countless hours, spended in searching for solution, browsing forums and desperate hoping for Steinberg support to even recognise my existance. All at the expence of prised “Creativity first”.
Now gathering information about other DAW’s with support quality first in mind.
Thank you all for your help and spended time!

1 Like

Glad that it worked for you. I was just going to suggest that you tried that after I also read the parallel thread.

Too bad about all the disappointment I hear from lack of technical support. Good support is what people expect when they decide to pay for professional software.

1 Like