Actual location of user profile

Can someone help?

I’m making sure my disk imager/backup software is correctly capturing my user profile info - I’ve spent so long setting it all up that I really don’t want to lose it. I know you can export directly from the program, but when the sh*t hits the fan on busy times, backup is always on tomorrow’s to do list, so I have ‘set it and forget it’ protocols wherever possible.

So, where is the data file kept? I followed the instructions in the manual - found my way to (I’m on Windows) “\Users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg<program name>\”. And I can’t see any sign of the .srf file.

Thanks - I have tried to RTFM on this, but (as with many things) the manual isn’t as useful as it could be…

Mike

1 Like

On my Windows 7 machine they’re here:
“C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Application Files\Cubase 9_64\Profiles”

Will check the WIn 10 PC later. Do the Profiles also contain the Preference files’ data? The manual says they do but I back those up as well.

Thanks for this - found them! So, the manual is wrong? I’m finding this a lot, to be honest - naming conventions aren’t consistent between manual and program, details are outright wrong, and the lack of graphics in the manual (pointing to the locations of menus, for example) means that the document isn’t great. Sorry, I know nobody likes a whiny post, but I do think the manual needs some work, generally.

Anyway, it’s backed up, so thanks for your help.

Mike