Acustica Audio plugins keep freezing cubase when exiting

I don’t know if Matthias is notified, I’ll look for him, if not I’ll create a thread … but I think you can replicate it. toggle on in the preferences, doesn’t solve the problem. I think I remember that the editor was always in front even though I tapped on other windows, in my case edition of the channel.

Acustica Audio plugins keep freezing cubase when exiting …

This is an Acustica issue, there’s a long thread over at GearSlutz about it

I Know, but any solution?? Can you put the link here? Thanks!

There is no solution other than Acustica fixing their plugins and conforming to the standard Steinberg set (which I believe they didn’t). Currently they are blaming Steinberg, but, blaming Steinberg without posting their findings is fairly sus.

2 Likes

Sorry - thought it was better that this was a new thread - trying to keep the old one specific to the C11 update.

Incidentally, I’m 100% sure the issue is with Acustica - I’ve seen lots of chatter about this - but as LoveGames says - there are probably playing ‘bug pass the parcel’

2 Likes

The only workaround that seems to work my end is in saving projects and exiting with all plugins disabled on the mixer console. Not 100% but seems to limit the freezing.
TBH Just get used to the crash, task manager force close and reopen with the safe-mode prompt.
Be nice to be able to by pass that and make it a manual launch option again.