Add Apply Button to Paragraph Styles and Font Styles Dialogues?

Hi all,
Here’s a potential feature request:

Would it be a good idea to add an Apply button to the Paragraph Styles and Font Styles dialogues in Engrave mode?

I really appreciate being able to make adjustments to the engraving options, hit Apply, and immediately see the results without having to close the dialogue. This allows me to make quick adjustments until I’m happy without having to re-open the dialogue and find the relevant settings over and over again.

4 Likes

This has been suggested before and is potentially something we may add in future.

1 Like

Yes please, big +1! To be able to press apply and see changes before closing the dialogues would make it so much easier when chasing for the “perfect” fonts and sizes.

In the next version of Dorico, these dialogs will contain a simple preview display so that you can see the font, style and size chosen for the paragraph or font style. No Apply button, though, I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Still a major improvement.

I do hope “apply” will still grace us with its presence eventually; it’s so much easier to make multiple adjustments to a file that way, and other dialogues permit this behavior.

But as I said, the preview window is still a very welcome addition.

1 Like

That would be very good for clef and transposition overrides too. It’s irritating to have to reopen it for every change I do.

2 Likes

+1 for the Apply button. (Found this thread right before posting a new feature request…)

The preview is very nice, but I still have to open and reopen this dialogue very often to find the font and size I need.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bumping this… The simple preview display is nice, but it would be really helpful with an “apply”-button, I think. Any possibility it’ll will appear at some point?

Yes, it’s something we’d like to add, but it’s not a trivial job, so it’s not something that somebody on the team can simply knock up in a couple of hours. It’s on the backlog and we’ll no doubt get to it at some point.

3 Likes

This morning I wanted to write a request post for Apply button in paragraph style and I read this conversation.
I hope this request has not been shelved by the team :wink: