Add Instrument Stopped Working

Hello all,

Just started in Cubase this week. I was making my first template last night using BBC Discover orchestra and made it through the wood winds and horns before calling it a night. I saved the template and closed out. I opened up a project with the template to continue building it today … but I can’t add any new instruments now …? If I start a new empty project I can add instruments, but it looks like if I want to add anything to a project using my unfinished template to resave the template, it won’t work. How do I open and edit a template?

Thanks

Was the project activated? Look here

I only have the one project open. I’m working on a PC and I don’t see an activate project button in the upper left. Everything else still can be added (midi/etc). Its only “add instrument” that is grayed out and can’t be clicked. I was also building the template by “duplicating track” and now that isn’t an option when I right click on a track I’ve already created either.

Please add your system info to your profile. Click here.
The forum needs to know what exact product you’re using and your OS info.

Cubase 12 Elements
Dell XPS 13" Laptop
16BG Ram
Windows 11
i51240P 12th Gen 12 Core

Added to my profile as well. Let me know if you need anything else.

When I create a new “empty” project, it will still let me add instrument tracks. It is only when I open a new project with the template that I can’t add any new instruments.

Steve,
Thank you so much. I figured it out and I’m just an idiot. The instrument track count is at its max.
So I guess I can’t have a long and short track for each of the instruments unless I upgrade. I’ve used all 24 in Elements, so I guess I’ll have to scale back how much of the BBC Discover I can use.

Thanks for trying to help a new user :slight_smile:
Adam

1 Like