adding a staff

Hello,

When Adding a Staff to a player that plays two instruments, it shows all three staff. Is this the way it should work?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.21.51 PM.png

Yes, this is as I would expect. I’m curious, what does it mean in your example for the alto saxophone to have an additional staff? Is there a kind of notation for alto sax that requires two staves?

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your fast reply. “It doesn’t mean a thing” like the tune by Duke Ellington (jajajajaja), I was just playing with the new features.

I found another thing I like to ask you. When exploding from the alto, the voices are copied to the players instrument. Is that the way it should work? If so, is a way to Explode notes to the instruments showing in the score?

Notice how the Exploded notes are pasted into the players instrument change, flute 1).

Thank you for your time. Petaluma looks very nice.
Best regards,
Carlos
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 4.39.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 4.39.24 PM.png

Hello Daniel,

I found the way to do what I was trying. Opening the score in Galley View I can select any instrument to be Exploded to.

Thanks Daniel for your wonderful and amazing support. Dorico 2 is fantastic.

Best regards,
Carlos

If you don’t select the destination staves explicitly, then Dorico just explodes downwards until it runs out of notes, one note per staff, as you’ve found. Glad you’re enjoying Dorico 2!