adding play techniques to non-sequentially selected notes

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

In the attachment, I expect that only the selected three notes are affected by selecting Bartok pizzicato (snap pizzicato) from the playing technique panel.
However, all nine notes between the first selection and the last selection are affected.
I think it is a bug.
For example, only the three selected notes are affected when pressing “[”.

I would like to know how the developers think about it.

You can add articulations to multiple selections, but you can’t add playing techniques to multiple selections. Add to one, then alt-click to paste that PT to other notes.

EDIT: you can’t add PT to multiple NON-CONTIGUOUS selections.

Oh…
It would be great if the behaviour of adding/removing playing techniques is the same as the behaviour of adding/removing articulations.

Might it be possible in the future release?

This latest update just added the ability to input dynamics on multiple staves at once, so what you’re requesting will probably happen eventually. I can’t speak confidently to that, of course, since I’m just a user!

EDIT: I’m wrong in my original reply. I can, in fact, add PT to multiple notes, but they add to all notes in between, as you observed. It’s apparently not possible to add PT to multiple non-contiguous notes.

It is also still not possible to add PT to multiple staves at once, since as a downbow to all strings parts.

Dan is correct. Currently adding a playing technique even you have a selection will create a single technique that has the duration of all selected notes. This is something that we may review in the future as it doesn’t work as expected for discontiguous selections.

This is something that we may review in the future as it doesn’t work as expected for discontiguous selections.

Please review it. I hope you consider my request.

Thank you!