Adding staff below - Strange behavior (bug...?)

I’ve been struggling with the layout of an orchestral percussion part containing both pitched and un-pitched percussion instruments. Now i’ve found out that the problem is spelled Add staff below. When adding a staff below the vibraphone it’s no longer possible to hide empty staves. Is this just another setting I’ve missed or is it a bug? :nerd:

Deleting the Signposts in Vibraphone part, bar 36 & 38, in the attached file makes the layout look ok.

Best wishes
/ Mats
Percussion.zip (899 KB)

Yes, there are some limitations with hide empty staves and instruments with extra staves in 2.0, but these problems will be resolved in the forthcoming update.

Great, thanks Daniel!

When trying to find out what the issue was I addad a new Vibraphone and copied the music from the old inte the new one. Pasting the Signpost for the extra staff also caused Dorico to crash, but I guess this is also a known issue.

… And pedal lines doesn’t display when using add staff below. They still play back though and are still possible to edit in Properties…
But I guess this is part of the limitations that you’re already aware of. :grinning:

Yes, all of the above should be in better shape in the next update.

Great, looking forward to that update! :+1:
Finally working full time with Dorico and really like it! :+1::+1:

Great, looking forward to that update! :+1:
Finally working full time with Dorico and really like it! :+1::+1: