Adding staves (orchestral reduction for piano)

Hello,

I’ve been unable to find this either in the manual or the forum and I’m puzzled, because it seems a pretty standard question :blush: :

• How can I add a staff (or several staves) to a piano part? (need a bunch of them for a reduction…)

Thanks in advance!

You can use a template that has three staves — actually importing such an instrument in XML works. There is a thread here with such templates.

Thank your Marc!
Is your answer is implying that there is no easy way to do it with Dorico at this time? Ideally, I would like to be able to add staves on demand, as I write my arrangement… [edit: I read the topic you nicely pointed to me… I got my aswer!]
For now, I guess I can do it with Sibelius and then import my score in Dorico :slight_smile:

I understand the team has some project to allow the user to define (or create) the instrument that fulfills his/her needs. Until then, XML import seems a good idea to me :wink:

We will be adding commands to change the number of staves in an instrument either for the whole flow or just for a section of it as part of a general expansion of functionality relating to staves, to also include ossias and divisi for section players.

That sounds promising :slight_smile:

commands to change the number of staves in an instrument either for the whole flow or just for a section of it

This sounds useful!