Adjusting output volume cb13

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this version of cubase but I’m not able to find how to adjust the output volume. It is always on maximum volume. Toning down de volume of cubase in the windows volume mixer has no effect on any setting. Turning it to 0 will mute cubase though.

I’ve been looking around but I’m also not able to see and find some sort of slider for the main output volume in cubase13 .

How do I solve this? Setting up sound output was already a hassle to do but I have that working and now this…

Greetings,
Laurents

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Enable Control Room and set the Control Room Level to a meaningful value. The default value is -20.0.

Yeah, I found that solution while browsing topics but turning the control room level has no effect what so ever…

I can see it adjusting in cubase though but not for my main output it stays max volume…

Hi,

This knob is controlling the volume of the Monitor bus. So set the Stereo Out to Not Connected and add the Monitor Bus, which is routed to your main output on the Audio Device.

Hey,

Thank you for your help but I have no idea how to add a Monitor Bus. I’ve disconnected stereo out in Audio Connections and if I press Add Bus there is no option for Monitor.

I guess I’m doing it wrong or am not understanding correctly

Hi,

Enable Control Room. In the Audio Connections > Control Room click to Add Bus > Monitor.

I believe I’ve done that now. In the Control Room tab of Audio Connections there is the added Monitor now. I marked my audio device and it shows in Device Port.

Yeah, this worked like a charm. Awesome, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Now turning the volume knob in the Control Room works. It was actually really simple but I couldn’t find it here or on the web. I was doing this in the tab Outputs but I had to go to the Control Room tab.