ADR dialogue to timecode exporter

I regularly use the ADR tool to record voice-overs. I enter the dialogue text in Excel myself and convert it to CSV format. This only works if you apply the full time code format (i.e. HH:MM:SS:FF). Quite some work to do this so I will ask my producer to deliver a appropriate format. I am therefore looking for an application in which this can be implemented easily, preferably only with MM:SS. Does anyone know a simple application or an Excel template that was made for this?

Isn’t it hard to get the timing right? if you don’t have a picture to sync to you have to create timestamps yourself based on guesswork. or did i understand the workflow wrong?

or do you just get the raw text for a picture and then you have to do all the reverse engineering to put the text back in sync?

i don’t know but wouldn’t be a teleprompter app for the desktop, iPad or other tablet be the better solution?
for example: ‎Teleprompt+ on the Mac App Store

I should have mentioned that this was for picture, thanks for adding that Chris.

So my production company has all the timecodes and in an ideal world all I want is to receive these timecodes provided with text in a csv format. But the thing is, it is a hell of a job to put in all these timecodes in the HH:MM:SS:FF format, not only for TC IN also for TC OUT. So I am looking for a simple tool to do the conversion. For instance, this is typical how I get the text delivered from a production company:

Example:
00:10 - Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
01:28 - Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.
3:15 - Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem.

Nuendo requires this:
TC IN ---------TC OUT---------Dialogue
00:00:10:00–00:00:16:00----Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
00:01:28:00—00:01:32:00—Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.
00:03:15:00—00:03:19:00—Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem.

So it would be great to have some kind of tool in which one can put a starting timecode for hours and frames (default HH:FF = 00:00) that will be added to the provided TC. Also a default length that calculates the TC out would be nice (since that is easy to edit in Nuendo on the fly).

It would be great if Steinberg could make a smart converter tool within Nuendo: a pasted text with (MM:SS) timecode and text that automaticly converts to a suited format :slight_smile: