AES31 import issues

I setup a default montage.

so when I import from an AES31 file, why???

1. does it open a new tab instead of opening in my default
  2. when it opens in a new tab it resets the “audio track dispatching” settings to “unselected” ???
    I have to reset the monitoring assigns every time or I get blank exports.

If it would open up the AES31 into the default montage I created (which has the proper assigns) then I shouldn’t have an issue. Unless there is a bug here?

Thanks,
Brain

A new montage is created each time you import AES-31. Any existing montage is ignored.
I understand you might like to find some predefined settings, and see what can be done in a future version.

PG,

but why the output reset ?
is there no pref for that ?
in WL5 you could import an AES31 without loosing the audio dispatch settings

Why does it reset in WL8 ?
is this a bug, undocumented feature ???

Thanks,
Brain

I don’t have WaveLab 5 installed fir with WaveLab 6, I don’t see a difference with WaveLab 8 here.
Anyway, I note to implement in the future the option to use montage templates when import AES-31, that will solve your case.

I look forward to the future !
thanks for the information.

Brain

It did solve the issue of CD wizard presets, BUT it did not fix the issue with resetting the “audio track dispatching” settings to “unselected”.

Thanks for adding the import AES-31 into default montage. Please see about this last little (and the most potentially time wasting) issue with the AES-31 import process.

Thanks,
Brain

it did not fix the issue with resetting the “audio track dispatching” settings to “unselected”.

I will check it.

Please give me an AES-31 file (no audio), where this reset thing happens.

I cannot upload the files I created on this forum, it only allows jpg_gif_png file uploads.
is there someplace where I can send you the various adl files I have created.

The short version of what I discovered is… if the aes31 file has audio in it, the “L/R audio track dispatching” resets.

if the adl is empty, no reset… L/R status stays selected
if the adl has markers (but no audio), no reset… L/R status stays selected

here is a list of every test I performed with it’s results JAM is part of our company name, so when you see it in a test it refers to OUR default montage settings

Empty N3 adl into WL8.5 “JAM” default montage….
No audio adl….
Does not reset L/R audio track dispatching

Empty N6 adl into WL8.5 “JAM” default montage….
No audio adl….

• Import N6 aes31 export (with Audio) into WL8.5 “L/R audio track dispatching” resets
• Import N3 aes31 export (with Audio) into WL8.5 “L/R audio track dispatching” resets
• Import N6 aes31 export (with Audio) into WL8.5 using factory default (not JAM default) …. “L/R audio track dispatching” resets

N6 adl (with markers_no audio) into WL8.5 ‘JAM’ default montage….

N6 adl (with 1 audio wav file _ no markers) into WL8.5 ‘JAM’ default montage….
“L/R audio track dispatching” resets
the audio file was at zero VU, it is mostly a 1kHz tone, 24bit Broadcast Wav, 44.1kHz

N6 adl (with 1 audio track_no markers)(with tempo_time&keySig) … into WL8.5 ‘JAM’ default montage….
this was to see if the files needed to have key signature, tempo data in order to be interpreted properly by WL8.5

N6 adl (with 1 audio track_no markers)(with tempo_time&keySig+MusicalMode) … into WL8.5 ‘JAM’ default montage….

The results don’t change if you import aes31 or drag and drop on an empty WL window.

Let me know how you would like to proceed with this.
Thanks,
Brain

Just to make sure, by “reset”, you mean the track dialog dispatcher has only unchecked boxes?

Yes, see screen grab…

Thanks,
Brain

I have found the problem, and it will be fixed in 8.5.20

THANKS !!! :mrgreen:

PG,

THANKS for the fix !!!

and…

the owner sends his thanks as well :mrgreen:

Later,
Brain