After Cubase 11.0.10 update, low latency ASIO driver GONE!

Hello!

After the latest update 11.0.10 my low latency 4 millisek M-Audio Fireire 410 disappeared!
Now it’s only the the “generic low latency ASIO-driver” with 40 msek latency that is selectable inside Cubase.

I run Win 10 64-bit.

Why? Any solutions.

Hi @hakan.niemi,

to begin with: welcome to the forum!

I think the last officially published M-Audio driver version for the Delta 410 was the following, you might want to check if you have this version installed in Windows Device Manager (right click on start button):

• M-Audio Firewire 410
  • Windows 7 SP1 (x64 or x86)
  • Version: FireWire Installer 6.0.1 Driver 5.10.0.5058
  • Date: 11-14-2009

So at first I’d de-install whatever there is in terms of that M-Audio driver, then reboot, then install this version (ideally by starting the installer “As Administrator”, then another reboot, then everything might work within Cubase again.

You can get that driver from here:

https://m-audio.com/support/drivers-search

Path:
SeriesLegacyProductFirewire 410OSWindows 7 (64-Bit) SP1

And if that alone wouldn’t help, you could start Cubase without the preferences, and then look again for your interface’s ASIO driver.

How to start w/o preferences - safe mode:

Safe Mode Dialog

Cheers,
Markus

Hello!

Thnx for your fast reply!

I have ver 5.10.0.5058

I have an old Cubase SX-version on the same computer and it works on that version, so why should in not work with the upgrade that I installed today?
Yes, the low latency 4 msek ASIO-driver loaded in SAFE mode, but not in the regular boot mode.

Hi again @hakan.niemi,

you’re welcome.
Ok, the driver version is there.
So there seems to be a contradictory entry regarding the way Cubase “remembers” any previously used sound card drivers and their used ports, including the ones with the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver (from before the update, that is).

Perhaps it might help to rename one single XML file within the Cubase 11-0 preferences folder (only temporarily).

Upon restart, Cubase will re-generate the XML file without any “known” soundcard <-> port references. At least you could give this method a try, before renaming the whole preferences folder, thus losing all your manually made user settings upon next restart of Cubase.

Path:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 11_64\Port Setup.xml
(file endings should be made visible within Windows Explorer → Options)

Rename to: Port Setup.xml.bak. Then restart Cubase.

Last resort would be to de-install Cubase, restart your machine, and then restart the full application installer “As Administrator” (but no need to re-install all those gigabytes of content, which are still registered by Library Manager).

Greetings,
Markus

Hi! This solution worked:

Hi @hakan.niemi,

thanks for posting the link to that solution.
Although I’d never remove anything from the “natural Steinberg environment”: if this method brought back your M-Audio ASIO driver reliably, then one might keep this slightly more “unconventional” looking method in mind, too.

But please note: if you install a future Cubase update, most probably the Steinberg Low Latency ASIO driver will be installed again (including its registry entries).

Cheers,
Markus