After export, cannot convert .wave to .mp3

I can export and use the .wav file and listen to it, but no matter what converter I put the file in for conversion, it always shows that it is 0:00 mins/secs. Why can’t I convert my files from .wav to .mp3? The .wav file is 60.5 mb and 2 minutes 59 seconds. Like, I said, I can use the .wav file all day long, but I am trying to make money off of this and create an album, and I need .mp3s. What am I doing wrong? Please, if someone knows, I need help as soon as possible. This is a make or break situation for me. Thanks. Steinberg needs a support call center.

King: My version Cubase 7 – has .mp3 and Flac files.
The last I checked Free LITE EDITION versions of Cubase don’t have .mp3

Maybe there’s a patch you can Buy $$$$ from Steinberg.
Also maybe there’s a free 3rd party to make .mp3’s. :wink: :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

PS: By the way what version of Cubase are you using :question:

Yeah, I got it with a Zoom R8, so I figured I’d be able to use it since it was full. Like you said, I had to buy an MP3 encoder for 15.99. Works fine now. I shouldn’t have had to buy it in the first place. It was the full edition. Oh well, I guess there are just things in the workings of it that I just don’t know about.

My guess is that it was made that way as so you couldn’t convert, and you HAVE to buy an encoder of some kind. That’s how I figured it out. There was an option to export as .mp3, and I just didn’t see it the first time. So, I clicked it and clicked export to receive a message about buying and downloading the mp3 encoder.

King: You mean you have Cubase 7 or 7.5 :question:

Cubase LE4 or other lite editions are what come bundled
with other manufacturers products.

What version of Cubase do you have :question:

Thanks

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

PS: Cubase 7 has .mp3 in it –
no need to buy it.
click below

It is Cubase LE AI Elements 6, so I guess it being “lite” is the reason I couldn’t export as .mp3. But, there is NO reason for them to encode the exportation of .wav files with some kind of encryption to keep them from being converted to other file types. So, yes, I HAD to buy the .mp3 encoder. Otherwise, I would have to record all of my music in mono, or sacrifice 4 tracks of 8 to record only 4 instruments in stereo to have .mp3s. I couldn’t use Cubase to master anything recorded with my R8, because of the file conversion problem, and I wouldn’t be able to make other tracks solely with Cubase because of the problem. So, I would just be stuck with a bunch of music I couldn’t use.