After Update Vst Connect Pro from 5.5.1 to 5.5.4, Perfomer doesn't start anymore

Hi there,

after updating Vst Connect Pro from 5.5.1 to 5.5.4, Vst-Perfomer doesn’t start anymore. Try to install as admin, same game. No error appears, window says initialising audio-system, then vst3 database, then application, window close, nothing happens.
Vst Connect Pro start in N12 and runs

greetings,
Hagen

I’m away today so can’t look at this straight away, but I’m not seeing this issue on Win 10 21H2. What’s your specs?

Hi Steve,
specs are Win10 21H2 Build 19044.1706, Nuendo 12.0.20, Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32,0 GB.
All is up to date; today i saw in download manager the new version and thougt lets go, before 5…5.1 runs normaly.

Greets,
Hagen

Runs fine here with Win 10+11. I assume you added a VST3 plugin recently, which makes it crash. You might try to temporarily rename the Program Files/Common Files/VST3 folder to see if that is the culprit. If you find out which plug causes the problem, pls let us know; otherwise, there may be crash logs in Documents/Steinberg/CrashDumps that we would very much like to see. Finally, if you don’t mind, the C:\Users\ (your name) \AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer_64 folder would be interesting, too. Just send a PM to me. Thanks for your cooperation!

rename the Program Files/Common Files/VST3 folder does not help. Installed 5.5.4 on my Laptop same game. Uninstalled 5.5.1 before

… strange one! Can please delete …

Folder : C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer_64
File : C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer.ini

… then try to start the Performer again. Does it work now?
Michael

deleted the files, starting vstconnect performer, initialising applikation now stands for 10 seconds, but nothing happend.

Hagen

Could you send us the files Micha mentioned pls?

Folder : C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer_64
File : C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer.ini

You can PM me those files if you don’t mind.
Thank you very much for your cooperation!

Huge apologies Hagen, I was unexpectedly away from the studio for several days and was unable to respond. Great to see the main guys are on it for you :+1:

yes, really great. :+1:

solution for me was installing the VST_Connect_Performer_5.5.10_Installer_win.exe insteed of VST_Connect_Performer_5.5.40_Installer_win.exe, now vst performer shows up again.

Hagen

Hi @hpresser,
can you please have a look to the following folder?
C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps
Do you see any crash-file from the performer? Can you zip them and send it to me? m.spork ( at ) steinberg.de

Michael

send them to m.spork@steinberg.de

Hagen