Aggregate Device not showing all inputs

New to Mac, but trying to create an Aggregate Device of Pioneer Nexus 900 mixer and Komplete Audio 6 both connected via USB.

When I set Cubase up in Devices to use the Aggregate Device, it only shows me inputs/outputs for the Audio 6.

If I switch to the Nexus 900, I see those inputs/outpus (8 ins 8 outs). If I switch to the Audio 6, I see those same inputs/outputs.

No matter if I create the Aggregate Device as Nexus first or switch drift, Cubase always sees Audio 6 as the only option for inputs/outputs when using the Aggregate Device in device settings.

I am currently recording through the SPDIF channel of the Audio 6 (like I did on Windows), but it would be nice if I could just use this Aggregate Device. Perhaps I just don’t understand the point of this in Mac.

As a bonus, I was kind of hoping I could route the mixer through the Audio 6 and monitor playback without having to open Cubase or anything else…but that seems less likely than getting it to work in Cubase at this point :wink:

Thanks in advance!

In Cubase you would need to select the Aggregate device you created in Audio Midi Setup, but it sounds like you are just switching between the Audio 6 and the Nexus.

That’s my problem…when I select my Aggregate Device in Cubase, I only see the inputs/outputs from my Audio 6, not the Nexus 900.

Can you do a screenshot of the Audio Midi window?

Yes…attached both Audio Midi shot and Cubase shot. Thanks!

Note I named the Aggregate Device “Studio”

I really don’t know what’s up, but my next troubleshooting steps would include-

• Switch off External Sync in Cubase
  • Switch which device is the Master Clock in Audio MIDI Setup

If you make an aggregate device with the Audio 6 and Built-in Audio does that work?

Maybe the Pioneer device has something special regarding being part of an aggregate device. in which case you might find answers in their forum.

Thanks Steve,
Aggregating Audio 6 and Built-In works (i see inputs/outputs from both devices). Tried your suggestions, but still can’t get Nexus to show as part of the Aggregate. I did manage to crash Cubase a couple of times though with my relentless settings switching :wink:

I’ll post on Pioneer and then back here if I get a resolution. Thanks again.

I have not yet found a solution and the Pioneer forums are a bit barren, but I wanted to give an update and re-plea for help.

I tested the setup in Garage Band and having an Aggregate Device comprised of my DJM-900Nexus and Komplete Audio 6 works perfectly. I definitely think this is an issue with Cubase. In fact, now I see no inputs/outputs at all from my Aggregate Device unless I connect a SPDIF cable between the two audio cards.

I am running Cubase 6.0.7 32bit on a Mac Mini late 2012. Is anyone else running a similar setup? Is anyone running the same hardware successfully with a later build of Cubase, because I would be willing to upgrade for this.

Heck is anyone running a DJM-900nexus along side another USB sound card and achieving an aggregate device in Cubase?

Thanks again.

Resolved this finally. It appears the “Empty” project template is out of whack. Using the “default” project shows the aggregate device just fine and everything works perfectly, which makes me a super happy camper.