Ai Knob doesn't work

Hi
I tried to set up AI Knob using Midi Remote but it doesn’t work, any idea?
ai

The feature doesn’t seem to work on everything yet. It works on most things but I have a fair amount of VSTs that it doesn’t work in. It also doesn’t work in the expanded view of the channel strip compressors, despite working in the regular channel strip view. I suspect it has something to do with the VsT rather than the midi ai knob implementation. Does it work elsewhere in Cubase?

1 Like

Hi @OldOakStudio, it doesn’t work on VST2 based plugins. Only VST3s provide info about the “parameter under the mouse cursor”.

1 Like

In the case of pianoteq, it doesn’t work here either. In the case of the channeo eq, it doesn’t work over an eq point (did it ever work?), but it works if you go to each parameter below. Gain, freq, q.

I guess it COULD work on the eq graph too, but which parameter should it control? Gain, freq or Q?

1 Like

Thank you guys
Sorry for my mistake, I was think it’s work directly on Eq Graph like this one

Anyway
Ai Knob and many of my controller like Play / Stop / Rewind / Forward Etc…don"t work as well
Sometimes they work once and then stop forever
ai k

I can se my sliders / knobs and buttons moving on the Remote controller GUI all time but the function doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hm, that doesn’t look good. What if you momentarily change the EQ controls to knobs? Does it still not work?

1 Like

ai k2

Hi,

Then you would need to decide, if you are controlling the Gain, the Freq or the Q on the graph, when hoovering over the EQ node.

1 Like

Sure … :slight_smile:

12.0.40? Surface Editor or script? It works here, so I’m trying to see what’s different.

1 Like

Thank you ggmanestraki
Yes 12.0.40 , Surface Editor
The Midi remote always worked for me but it became like this two days ago :frowning:

You haven’t assigned the “Locked mode” AI knob by mistake, have you?

Have you tried “exporting” the script, and then see if it plays well the next time you launch Cubase?

I can’t understand why it doesn’t work. The assignment seems ok, MIDI is coming through, but the Remote is not talking to the parameter under the cursor.

1 Like

You haven’t assigned the “Locked mode” AI knob by mistake, have you?

No, i didn’t assigned the Locked mode at all

Have you tried “exporting” the script, and then see if it plays well the next time you launch Cubase?

Yes, but as I said, it works sometimes for once and then stops

I can’t understand why it doesn’t work. The assignment seems ok, MIDI is coming through, but the Remote is not talking to the parameter under the cursor.

I don’t know :slight_smile: it seems I have to delete the Preferences folder

1 Like

Hm, this rings a bell. Do you have any blank assignments in your page that used to take you to other pages? I recall having something like that happen in my script. Once I re-assigned the broken page changes, things got back to normal. (in my case, it was the sends’ levels that worked for just a little while and then failed. It was even more astonishing since that was a 1:1 “permanent assignment”, not something like quick controls or the AI knob that is dynamic.)

If you create a fresh and blank mapping page, then just assign the AI knob in that page, does it work?

1 Like

It doesn’t work with every VST3 however. I have no VST2 plugs (C12 wouldn’t load them even if I did) and the AI knob doesn’t work. Again, must have something to do with the VST coding. Oils be in a VST3 wrapper but may lack full VsT3 implementation. :disappointed:

1 Like

Yep ::slight_smile: but in my case I think it’s junk Cubase preferences files, just deleted the Default.xml and Default Project Workspace.xml files
and now everything works like a charm

Cubase12_vpFp0hQyt0

1 Like

Agree 100%
Vital vst3 for example

Ah, Cubase prefs! :+1:t3: Now, let’s make music!

1 Like

Thank you so much ggmanestraki :pray:

1 Like

Deleted the Preferences in Cubase 13, restarted.
Using Cubase MIDI API I assigned a fader as AI knob, and tried multiple VST3 instruments, - e.g. Korg Opsix VST3 version.

Hovering over the parameters and moving the fader actually is not working, only its associated QC1-8 buttons.

Steinberg, can you improve the AI knob feature to make sure it really works with VST3 instruments?