Alesis Core 1 not working with Cubase LE

Can’t get sound in Cubase LE or Wavelab from Core 1. It appears in Device Setup, but it still records from internal min (MacbookPro mid 2009 - El Capitan). Indeed have no ASIO drivers installed. I chose Core 1 in SysPrefs/Utilities/Audio but still jumps to internal mic and so on… any solutions?

In Cubase you would need to change the ASIO driver in VST Audio System. In Wavelab you would change it in Options, VST Audio Connections (assuming you are in Wavelab LE8).

In Cubase in the project go to Devices, VST Connections, Outputs. What Device and Device Ports do you have Stereo Out Left and Right connected to? Thank you.

Have in/outs Core 1. But no ASIO driver installed. Do I have to install that obligatory? Does not work without it? Thank you…

What is your selected driver in VST Audio System? In VST Connections, Outputs, what specific Device Ports do you have selected for Stereo Out Left and Right? If you import a commercially recorded audio file, do you see metering on Stereo Out in the Mixer during playback?

Seems like beeing a hardware issue. Alesis guys recomended to repair the Core 1… Sorry for bothering and thanx for your input.

No bother at all, glad to hear you found something that should fix it.

At least, hope so… it’ll take at least a week…

Seems like… hmm… not Cubase, not Alesis, but… OSX!!! is the problem! Alesis Core 1 works great on Windows station, NO WAY under El Capitan. Two other USB recording cables give the same problem in Cubase under El Capitan. Really don’t know how to deal with… Shame Apple!

Did Alesis confirm that they support the device for 10.11?

More than this! Made a downgrade to Mavericks, same problem. Then, up to Yosemite. Now running Yosemite 10.10.5, but still this “Distorsion on input problem”, only in Cubase. Core 1 works great on Logic and Audacity. (On windows as well) So, it still seems there’s a Cubase problem with OSX…
I change driver to Core 1, the distorsion starts immediately. Before I have the chance to go to VST connections and choose whatever… Since two weeks I try to fix this, it really gets me out of my mind…
Any workable ideas? Guys, I try to make music not to become a Cubase or a computer engineer…

I would suggest that you contact your local Steinberg Support through your MySteinberg account to have them help you directly.