Alesis Vi61 Midi Contoller Setup - Seeking Advice

Hi,

I hope everyone is well, i’ve searched the forums for this specific knowledge but couldn’t find it so apologies if I missed it somewhere.

I bought the Alesis Vi61 midi controller and so far the basics are working very well with Cubase 8.5.2.

Being able to assign almost anything to the knobs and pads is easy enough, however i’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to setup the transporter keys on the midi controller to the transporter controls in Cubase such as START, STOP, BACK, FORWARD, LOOP, RECORD, and how do I go about using the quantize buttons - 1/4 - 1/4T - 1/8 - 1/8T - 1/16 - 1/16T - 1/32 - 1/32T - as these don’t seem to be standard with plug & play.

What I am even more intererested in finding out is if it’s possible to assign all 48 buttons under the 16 knobs as my shortcut keys, for example, zoom in, zoom out, both horizontal and vertical, import audio/midi, add VST instrument, add audio track, add midi track etc, basically anything i’ve setup in my preferences.

Does anyone know how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pretty much all of those questions will be answered in the Alesis manual. Some keyboards can mimic transport, my nektar does, though I rarely use it

The “ALESIS VI61 User Guide” I received with the midi controller does not explain if it’s possible to do the things i’m asking to do in Cubase.

Tell Alesis then.