Align Ped symbols?

There are some entries here in the forum talking about aligning items horizontally (e.g. all dynamics on the same “line” throughout the stave). I also did see a video somewhere – I just don’t remember which one it was – that showcases this feature. But currently I am lost.

All I would like to do is to align items that are below a staff – Ped symbols in my case, as shown in the screenshot – on the same line. Can anyone please point me to the right direction? Thank you!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-14 um 19.30.44

There’s no automatic alignment of pedal marks at the moment, so you’ll need to adjust their position manually in Engrave mode. We do plan to add the capability to do this in future.

6 Likes

I was searching for the same function rowild, but was reminded of the fact that adding retakes to a longer pedal line works and looks a lot better, in my situation anyway. This video was quite enlightening. How to Work with Pedal Lines | New Features in Dorico 1.1 - YouTube

Yes I would engrave this with pedal lines and retakes. Much more elegant. Plus, using the line style solves the alignment problem transparently.

It may be just me but I never could bear these 19C script pedal indicators. Personally I don’t think that is something that should be copied literally from old scores. But each to his own.