Align variaudio parts to midi reference

Hi!

I would really like to see option to align vocal parts automaticly in variaudio to the midi reference track.

I am big fan of mixing vocals and usually have many tracks of vocals containing multiple takes of the main lead. Normally I take the best take and fix it propely and then use variaudio to adjust doubles to match the main lead pitch using midi reference track. I make this by hand using arrows and scissor tool in variaudio and its really time consuming work to do.

Yes this is for timing aligment. But Iā€™m talking about pitch aligment. Sorry if this was confusing.

Yes, I know and punch of other tricks to do this but this was a feature request for variaudio. I am not looking any workaround for this.

This would be a nice feature, the MIDI Reference Track is really handy in the variaudio view. But i agree, thereā€™s times where i have liked to have selected the MIDI events and the variaudio events and clicked on an ā€˜alignā€™ button and the audio is moved to those pitches.

You canā€™t even click on the MIDI events in that view to even try and find a cheeky hack either. :frowning:

Not sure how they would handle splits and/or if the note data differed majorily to the audio. But something to get close /do the bulk of the work would be really handy.

Iā€™m not even sure if this is something Melodyne can do(?).

2 Likes

I would like to see Steinberg implement this ā€œsnap pitch to MIDIā€ feature too.