All audio cuts out when I start playback

Technically, you are correct that these steps can be used to rule out Notepad as the cause of the problems. But C:\np_use_software_rendering.txt should be deleted after the VST re-scan completes succesfully or Notepad will not perform optimally.

@Ulf pointed you to the thread that explains the NotePerformer/AMD issues.

We recommend keeping “C:\np_use_software_rendering.txt” until the problem has been resolved. Either by an updated driver or a NotePerformer update. Plug-ins may be rescanned at any time, introducing the issue again.

Even though NotePerformer’s mixer graphics doesn’t perform optimally in software rendering mode, it’s no more of a problem than plug-ins not using OpenGL, of which there are plenty. Also, there’s a chance the only permanent fix is to fall back to the software renderer for selected graphics cards, having the same effect as the .txt file.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, plugins are rescanned only by request. You have to go into Preferences, request the rescan, and restart Dorico. It’s pretty easy to add and then delete your special file.

Well, you have such a nice product, that for many of us, it’s the only plugin used. :slight_smile:

If you’re not doing anything illegal with OpenGL, AMD should fix the problem. The Radeon RX 580 is still supported. I have faith this can be fixed.

The performance hit is probably minor and probably occurs only when the NotePerformer window is displayed; the workaround, on the other hand, is easy to do, so people can choose to keep or delete your special file. I’ve chosen to delete it—I don’t install new VSTs that often.