I am throwing a bottle at sea, hoping someone may have experience similar issues.
All was cool and dandy until one day, cubase started to show the following issues:
- Playhead moving in a stop and go fashion
- Very long delays occurring between clicking and results
- Ghosting of buttons on Prompt dialogs
I have a screencast at the link below:
Troubleshooting so far
- Happens in Cubase, 10.5.20, 9.5, 7.5
- Happens also in Cubase 10.5.20 in Maintenance Mode - No external plugins, no Saved Settings
- Memory Test -> No Issue
- Chip -> Intel Diagnostics Test passed
- Speccy shows Motherboard at 89C,
- CMOS shows Motherboard at 40C
I tend to think it is hardware but why only Cubase is showing issues, all other programs are fine.
Reason play head plays fine and response on click is very fast.
Does anyone have ideas? I am bummed and in this COVID situation bringing puter to Tech Store is not an option.
Any suggestion will help.
2 x Evo SSD 1 To each
Win 10 - latest update
Audio: Steinberg UR-824