All licenses suddenly lost, after update to 12.0.20

Hey there,

I updated to 12.0.20 a few days ago and today when I tried opening Cubase I got a screen saying that all the licenses of Steinberg software had expired. Also - Valhalla DSP plugins stopped working, saying there is no license. I haven’t checked further, but perhaps there are other plugins too.

I’m on Windows 10, 64bit - latest version. Intel i7 processor.

What to do? What could have caused this? Where I can find out the extent of the issue?

Thank you so much for help and tips- I would like to return back to the project :slight_smile:

Have you run the Steinberg Activation Manager to register Cubase 12 on that PC?

It does appear to be activated in the Activation Manager and the “Not activated” tab is also empty - so I can’t see the other programs there.

And to be more specific - Cubase loads up, but its all the Steinberg VSTs like Halion Sonic, etc. that stopped working.

Did you remove the elicenser dongle from the computer?

No, it’s still in,.

And I had Cubase 12 working well for several months - I haven’t really touched anything else than updated from version 12.0.0 to 12.0.20

I don’t know what I did - but after a few reboots, resetting settings, and fiddling with every menu I could find the issue seems to have disappeared. So cant’ really say what happened but it seems to be okay now.

1 Like

I have this same issue right now, after an update my license is vanished, any suggestions, this is frustrating

this is the screenshot, my cubase license vanished, cant find my usb liscencer
https://ibb.co/YcVxC1T

UPDATE - resolved after converting a Steinberg license number on MYsteinberg, they gave me a slightly longer one, had to dig up the original in the email.
Then put that new code into e liscenser and into Download assistant

restarted - nothing, then I redownloaded Steinberg activation manager which was installed so I repaired it, then I restarted and it finally works!

what a user experience, :rofl: just teasing, but i thought the digital liscense was easier now we navigate three apps? (Four if you count library manager lol)

I’m closing this one because the info is obsolete – there have been several updates to Cubase and Steinberg Licensing since the OP, so do please start a new topic.