Altiverb 7 blacklisted [SOLVED - partially]

I’ve got the latest version of Altiverb 7, iLok software and Nuendo 8 on a Win10 machine. I’ve run into an issue where Nuendo has blacklisted the plugin, and will not reactivate it. I’m at a loss for what to try next.

The plugin works great in Nuendo 7, but I cannot get it to behave in Nuendo 8.

Do you have any suggestions?

Update: It’s been a few weeks since the original post. There’s been some partial successes here and there, but ultimately Altiverb kept breaking inside of N8. In order to get Audio Ease products to play nicely with N8 I have to run it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Nothing else works

PSPAudio TripleMeter plugin, 64bit, is also Blacklisted in N8. It does work in N7 and it works in Samplitude ProX3. Don’t know of a solution.

I’ve just done a quick test, I do not work in N8.
It loaded 7.2.9 just fine on my mac. This might not mean anything, as I said I do not work in N8 yet, but it does load on my system.

Thanks for the input Oliver.

Speakerphone started crashing, too, and I suspected it was some of my troubleshooting that may have caused issues. I set some preferences that caused instability with Audio Ease plugins. Here’s what I did that was causing issues:

I’m on WIn10 and I ran N8 in Windows 7 compatibility mode with the option “Disable display scaling of high DPI settings” enabled. Both of these settings cause issues.

I’m not sure if it’s one or the other or the combination of both, but I am no longer running in compatibility mode and have disabled (yes, I disabled the disable) that setting. My issue is resolved.

Update: See later post from me for more details. This solution only worked temporarily.

Great to hear you’re up and running again.
Thanks for sharing the information.

Hi,

I have the same issue, but I am running OS X Yosemite. I have the latest version of Nuendo and Altiverb / Speakerphone / Indoor.

Nuendo just blacklists them and I can’t work out why.

A further update on this:

It’s been a few weeks since the original post. There’s been some partial successes here and there, but ultimately Altiverb and Speakerphone kept breaking inside of N8. Turning off compatibility mode helped for a time, and then it stopped working.

My most current solution: I’m running WIn10, and in order to get Audio Ease products to play nicely with N8 I have to run it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Win8 is the only option that works.

Thunder, sorry I can’t help ya. I’m not sure if OSX has a similar “compatibility mode” feature to Windows. If it does, you should try it.