Always/Automatically 'Show Used Controllers' in Key Editor

Issue #1:
I use a lot of sample libraries with multiple MIDI CC and a large part of my process is recording many individual MIDI parts and then popping open the Key Editor to tweak/refine the MIDI and CC values.

Here’s my conundrum - all day I am constantly using the Show Used Controllers key command every time I open a new MIDI region so I can see all CC data that was written. I do it so much that I rigged a Keyboard Maestro macro to trigger the Show Used Controllers key command every time it detects that the Key Editor window has been opened.

This works for the most part, but it’s clunky. I really wish there was a Cubase preference that would “Always Show Used Controllers In Key Editor” without the user having to invoke it.

Thoughts?

Issue #2:
Another related issue that has been along time pet peeve - I want Cubase to not reset the height of each lane when you Show Used Controllers. Ever notice that? You’ve carefully resized the CC/velocity/Expresssion Map lanes to the perfect heights then BAM, they all get shrunk down when you invoke the Show Used function.

This would be excellent. +1

I Agree . Fantastic Idea.

+1
Awesome stuff! I do this manually every single time I open that editor…

That would be a neat idea, another thing that would make Control, which can be a tedious task as is, go so much more smoothly

Nice. I’m surprised it isn’t on my ‘Annual Request List’. :smiley:

But one minor/related enhancement: the current system does not update the controller lanes IN REAL TIME. And this suggestion would need to include that.

IOW: If you record some ‘moves’ on a new controller, the new Lane does NOT show up until you refresh the screen by clicking ‘Show Used Controllers’. Which is annoying.

So if Cubase can ‘automatically’ show used controllers, it should automatically refresh the screen AS YOU RECORD.

1 Like

Brilliant. Love it. Yes this should be included.

Added to my original post:

Another related issue that has been along time pet peeve - I want Cubase to not reset the height of each lane when you Show All Used Controllers. Ever notice that? You’ve carefully resized the CC/velocity/Expresssion Map lanes to the perfect heights then BAM, they all get shrunk down when you invoke the Show All function.

+1. Definitely!

+1. Absolutely !!
Why not a simple button “Set this view as default”

There are a few other discussions on this subject. If you add them together, you might find there are enough requests to consider it.

Yes
+1

This would almost be a dream come true. I waste a lot of time clicking on show all used controllers dozens of times per session. When you say, " I rigged a Keyboard Maestro macro to trigger the Show Used Controllers key command every time it detects that the Key Editor window has been opened." How did you do that?
R

I found the automatic macro too clunky/unreliable so I just manually trigger the key command as needed.