Always freezes when starting Cubase Pro. It works fine when restarted

In the case of Cubase Pro 10.5, it occasionally freezes at startup, but after upgrading to 11, it always freezes once at startup. If you kill it from the task manager and start it again, it will work normally as if nothing had happened. I tried initializing the configuration file, uninstalling and reinstalling Cubase Pro 11, but I can’t improve it at all. Why does this happen even if you don’t read a plug-in made by another company? In addition, a patch for Cubase Pro 11 came out, so I uninstalled it again and then reinstalled it, but it has no effect.
The PC environment is as follows.
Intel (R) Core ™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
32.0 GB
Windows 10 Home
21H1
OS build 19043.1237
Cubase Pro 11.0.40 build 446
PC LENOVO Y720 15KB
that’s all.

This was happening to me for a while and I realized it was a process called Waves Local Server that was crashing cubase at startup. If I kill it in the task manager before startup, it won’t crash Cubase. Not sure if you have Waves plugins, but consider updating the Waves licensing software and the plugins if you have not already.

1 Like

Hi, dylanmixer
I have a Waves plugin. Since V9 and V10 are mixed, I will consider updating. Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. I don’t know when it will be updated, but I will let you know if I can update it and avoid any troubles. thank you.

I am having the same problem after upgrading from 10,5 to 11 Pro. Always a freeze wilth the first startup. Then I kill cubase and restart with deleting preferences and then Cubase works fine,
I’ve created a DMP file, Can you help me with this and can i share the DMP file for this?