Am I in the minority here???

Do you realise that sounds quite insulting, if you are happy with Cubase than you can´t be serious within the work that you use it for.
I work a busy little studio with Cubase as my main DAW and yes my clients demand more than a few channels of audio/midi.
2nd point, nobody here has said no issues. The claim was no major issues or show stoppers.

I work with large sessions every day of the week. 100-200 tracks is pretty standard and many many plugins, VSTi’s etc. No trouble here. Really depends what you mean by “full of issues”.
Could I write a list of 100 things I’d change about Cubase? Yes I could.
Can I work very productively with Cubase the way it is right now? Yes I can.
Is it the best DAW out there? For me, yes, most certainly it is.

+1

Work on Cubase 8 hours a day… make a living off it… love it… touchwood havent had any major issues so far…

No Issues here :slight_smile:

My system is stable but I still have occasional issues/crashes. And almost always I have niggly things (bugs??) that cause me regular frustration but don’t really stop me doing the job…

Mike.

I do have a lot of tracks with effects and such, and I work many hours on projects. but of corz you need to think on how to minimize the cpu use when you work with a project. of corz a lot of effects take a lot of cpu (reverb), and frankly …if you need a 10000 tracks with 20 effect on each track ,on one song…what music are you making ?? super nano-tech music ??
and you also need to see a pattern : if you keep playing a song and change a cpu useer effect while the music is playing and it is chrashing , well stop the music before the change and star again, it only take some seconds. some effects uses more cpu and ram than others. sometimes the problem lays within the computer and also how you use the software. I find it hard to understand that some of you can be that discontent but still keep using cubase. sounds like a bad romance

C8.5 is working fine here too…
even though I use it almost every 2nd day and I use an old 40 track+ template, full of third Party and Cubase plugins, Midi and so on. I also sometimes encounter some issues but till now, for my workflow, there hasnt been a Show stopper.

Its never been more Stable.

The only thing which is kinda nervy is the new cross cursor in the timeline…
oh well, you get used to everything.

How condescending. Many people here do sessions that last maybe twenty or more hours on a regular basis. Is that extensive enough?

errr what an assumption, you know what they about those who assume stuff?

If a sentence ends with a question mark, it’s a question. Not an assumption.

How is this condescending?
To me this is a valid point, it could very well be that some users simply don’t run into specific issues because they’re not taxing the system in that specific area. How would you have formulated this question?

Your argument is weak, yes it is condescending,
If I suggested that everybody that is having problems did not know how to set-up a DAW (which is not my belief BTW) and put it as a question for instance “are you sure you know how to set-up a DAW?” that would be condescending in the same way.