Ample sound vst don't work with Dorico?

Thank you Daniel! I appreciate your taking the time to respond. :slightly_smiling_face:

I use AMPLE SOUND GUITARS all the time!
Th e AGT (Taylor acoustic) and the AME ( ESP Eclipse Metal STRAT) are the best VST Guitars out there.
For Classical guitar I use the ILYA EFIMOV NYLON GUITAR - it sounds bette than the AmpleSound AGL. Apart from those I like the IMPACT SOUNDWORKs SHREDDAGE Stuff: JUPITER, ROGUE,…
And I use the Orange Try Samples STRATOSPHERE .

I just tried to use the (2) sign for the b-String (THUNDESTRUCK).
But it doesn’t work…
WHAT can I do?

AMPLE SOUND in Dorico 2021-12-22 142202

AME VST guitar

Is the sending of tempo information to VST effects and instruments present in Dorico version 4?

Presumably not yet or it would have been mentioned in the Release Notes. A breakthrough like that would definitely receive prominent billing.

1 Like

Hello,
Just come to this topics beaause I experienced problem qith Amplesound Ukkelele and strumming on/off . Amplesound use c#6 (dorico c#7) with velocity <63 =off >64=on.
Amplesound vst receive the information but don’t interpret it??!!
the same midifile in cubase is ok but not in Dorico?!
I’m using dorico 3.5 does it work in vers 4?
In fact it perpahps a problem of miditimecode taht dorico doesn’t generate…does Vers 4 generate it?

No, it is not yet available in Dorico 4.

Hi @slashgad - Thanks for the tip about Ilya Efimov guitar VSTs! It’s a beautiful sounding nylon guitar. I’m looking for the most realistic and versatile virtual classical guitar and was not aware for this one. (here’s the link for those curious)

Previously I’ve been deciding between Ample Sound AGL and Sound Magic Classical Guitar - both of which are currently on sale.

I need to find out which of these 3 work best with Dorico. I’m trying to go DAWless with this virtual guitar project…

:slightly_frowning_face: hopefully soon… meanwhile does anyone know a way to go under the hood in Kontakt and just set a tempo manually? I’m trying to get strumming patterns etc. to play back in Dorico.

I found a workaround for this. The trick is to make a different instance of same instrument for each needed strumming tempo. Setting tempo within Kontakt. It works for now but is cumbersome.

Hi @slashgad - by any chance have you created an Expression Map for Ilya Efimov Nylon Guitar that you’d be willing to share?

2 Likes

No Problem - but I didn’t spent much time with DORICO the last time (bad health)
I made a ZIP-file with the DORICO-project, the expression map and 2 mp3-examaples [Flow 2+3].
IMO sounds impressive…

AGT Expressoin MAP - Playing-technique AGT Standard (202-08-11)

Does it work? I hope so… otherwise I’ll try it again!

BEST REGARDS

SLÄSHGAD

1 Like

o.k. - these are not the ILYA EFIMOV
But I’ll check IE later …

Maybe tomorrow …
But I think the Ample Sound AGT (Taylor-Steelstring) is the best 6-string guitar (Steel). But the IE-Nylons are the best sounding “Konzert-Gitarren” (GERMAN for classical giutars / Nylon).

1 Like

I’m looking for Nylon guitar with lots of techniques. But i really like the Ample software engine… and Kontakt is ruining my life at the moment to be honest…

1 Like

Thanks for this! Will test out with the Ample demo AGM.

1 Like

… but the AmpleSound Nylon isn’t as good as the ILYA EFIMOV.

The IE Nylonis a bit complicate in t he usage… and there are NO TUTORIALS out there.
A big mstake of the IE-People IMO.
But maybe someday I create those…

BR

Gerhard BINKELE

Hi ALEX !

I made piece for 3 Classic Guitars and
NI M-Bass in 2020.
And I used 3 IE Nylon-Guitars
with own Expression MAPs.

It’s called
Journey to the future (2020)

ILYA Efimov Nylon-Guitars - Expression MAP Standard (2022-08-12).zip

It sounds really nice…

WHAT DO YOU THINK ???

I used a few of my VSTs in the DORICO-Mixer (bx_masterdesk …) and it took me some time of tweaking to receive this result.

BEST REGARDS

Gerhard Binkele

_. _ _

P.S.: I didn’t check my Expression Map -
I just exported it…

1 Like

HERE is my DORICO 4 - Playback-Configuration with
3 ILYA EFIMOV Nylon Guitars and
1 Native Instuments M-Bass

3 Ilya-Efimov-Git - MM-Bass.dorico_pt

HAVE FUN !!!

Slashgad

1 Like

Thanks to the team, since version 4.3 everything works perfectly! :+1:

2 Likes

OK - GOOD NEWS !!!
THANKS A LOT - THEN I’LL TRY TO MAKE EXPRESSION MAPS FOR MY AME METAL STRAT and AGT Taylor Acoustic.

:smile::smile::smile::musical_keyboard::rainbow::guitar::guitar::guitar: