Amplitube 5 crashing Cubase (12.0.70)

Amplitube 5 is crashing Cubase (12.0.70), also earlier versions. I try and load it an, poof, Cubase goes away. This is the only plugin this happens with and it’s a mystery. Anyone else?

Hi,

Then most probably the issue is in the plug-in.

Please attach the source DMP/ips file to verify this.

Can’t reproduce it here. Which version of Amplitube do you use? The newest, 5.6.0? (I still use 5.5.6)

The dmp file is 391,270 kb. where should I send it?

I’m on 5.60 now but it’s happened with the last few Amplitube updates

Hi,

You can upload to Dropbox or similar service and share the link, please.

Just for the heck of it, I created a new project and imported all my tracks from my old project. There’s quite a lot of tracks, including a dozen groups, 10 F X, and several the VSTI’s and audio tracks. Now, amplitude five opens with no problem. Any idea where that might be?

Hi,

No, without the crash dump file were cannot have an idea.

Corrupt preferences ? Cubase has been doing this in C12 from version to version to quite a lot of people , not A5 in particular but going from version to version and starting with an import stems solves the problem

Here’s the dmp link:

Hi,

It’s either a problem with Amplitube 5 or an interaction of that with Console_1_SSL_SL_4000_E_Series_Dynamic_Shaper… in which case it might be an OpenGL issue.

I have the same issue…

Hi!
Same problem here!
Did you find any solutions?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You can attach the *.dmp/ips file, to make sure, the crash is really in the plug-in.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

If the rash is in the plug-in , get in touch with IK Multimedia, please.

Hi! Thanks for your answer!
I got in touch with IK cause I already thought the problem come from Amplitube.
But I hoped someone had a solution here so I tried too :wink:

vst2xscanner-2024-03-09-191926.ips (12.6 KB)

For for me on windows, the latest Amplitube update fixed this.

1 Like