An errorr while opening kontakt

Hi,
I am trying to open KONTAKT INSTRUMENT and getting everytime this error:

What can I do ?

Hi,

First of all, update to the latest Cubase 11.0.41. Also make sure, Kontakt is up to date.

If it’s still crashing, the issue is most probably on Kontakt side, but you can attach the mentioned DMP file, so we can investigate.

HI,

Thanks for your answer.

i did updated my cubase version and it still crashes while I am using KONTAKT.
Attached is the log file.
Hope you can help.
Shaked

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 8 בספט׳ 2022 ב-15:34 מאת ‪Martin.Jirsak via Steinberg Forums‬‏ <‪notifications@steinberg.discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.9.9 12.17.15.110.dmp (711 KB)

Hi,

The crash is in Cubase, not in NI Kontakt. Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Hi,
It is still crashes when i am trying to open a project with KONTAKT instrument…
find again the attached file
Shaked

‫בתאריך יום ו׳, 9 בספט׳ 2022 ב-12:46 מאת ‪Martin.Jirsak via Steinberg Forums‬‏ <‪notifications@steinberg.discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.9.9 16.39.28.525.dmp (734 KB)

and again i am receiving the attached Error while adding the KONTAKT line .

‫בתאריך יום ו׳, 9 בספט׳ 2022 ב-16:40 מאת שקד דיאמנט <‪shaked1204@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.9.9 16.44.24.040.dmp (906 KB)

Hi,

Do you have the latest update of Kontakt installed, please?

Hello, I too am having this same problem. I have everything up to date with all software; Kontakt, Cubase and Windows 10. Some projects in process wont open at all.

BTW atm this appears to be only a problem with projects using the Kontakt plugin not Komplete Kontrole as a plugin. So far…

Hi,

Attach your crash/dmp file(s), please.

Will do when back in the studio Monday 9/12.

Hi,

What NI Kontakt version do you use, please?

Cubase 12.0.40.317 64bit 2022.9.11 18.03.33.318.dmp (1.2 MB)

Kontakt 6.7.1

Hi,

This crash is in Kontakt:

KERNELBASE!RaiseException+0x69
VCRUNTIME140!_CxxThrowException+0x90
Kontakt+0x6e1445
0x10c308
msvcp140!std::ios_base::`vftable'
0x10c308
0x1
Kontakt+0x1a02a40
Kontakt+0x1a02a60
Kontakt+0x1976818

Hallo,
sorry for the late reply, can you please provide the regarded Cubase Projects, so we can investigate in depth on our end?
We were not able to reproduce a similar crash on our end yet.
Interesting would be, if it happens to all your projects which contain Kontakt, or only to specific ones, which use certain Kontakt Libraries? If the latter, which libraries might that be?
Please also try to create new Cubase projects using just one or two Kontakt instances, to see if these are also crashing on recall. If so, please send these smaller projects to us, to investigate.
Also important to know, when exactly does the crash appear, right after loading such a cubase project, or only afterwards, when trying to open the Kontakt plugin UI inside of such a project?

Ways to maybe circumvent the crashes might be:

• deleting the whole user registry of Kontakt (Type Regedit and hit Enter in the Windows Search Bar, then search for this …Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt Application … right click and delete the whole key
    “Kontakt Application”) then restart Kontakt 6 standalone, then try cubase again.
  • deleting its caches (all files in this folder:C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt) then restart Kontakt standalone, then try cubase again.
  • completely uninstalling Kontakt (via the Windows Control Panel / Apps and Features). Then reinstalling Kontakt. Then start Kontakt 6 standalone, then try cubase again.

Cheers Daniel
QA from Kontakt / Native Instruments