An issue with Track Presets

Hi,

I’m trying to copy a set of Group Tracks from one project to another. Each Group Track has a name and an insert with specific settings on it (Vienna MIR Pro).

I’ve selected all the Group Tracks in the project window, right-clicked + “Save Track Preset” and chose a name.

In the new empty project, I can’t seem to be able to load them. When I choose “Load Track Preset” and select my preset, either with a completely empty project or with the same number of empty, freshly-created Group Tracks, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

I can achieve the intended result by exporting and importing a Track Archive, but I’d like to know what I could have possibly misunderstood about Track Presets.

Thanks.

In the new Project “with the same number of empty, freshly-created Group Tracks”, are you selecting the group tracks before applying the track preset?

Yes.

As I’ve just found out, I can’t just import a track archive into an existing project if the latter uses a timecode offset — the entire project gets shifted when I do this. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

EDIT: I’ve followed the official Steinberg YouTube tutorial for Track Presets, and it still doesn’t work. Is it possible that Track Presets don’t work with Group Tracks at all?