An open plea to Steinberg

Good call! I’d completely forgotten Black Friday was coming around again! This year has gone way too fast.

I guess that gives me more time to get an idea on what specs to aim for…and a couple more months to save some pennies.

Cheers!

Use the money of that beautiful video ad of Cubasis 2 to hire one more programmer of at least a beta tester…heck, we do it for free! :smiley:

I found problems in VCA upon release, and on the “bug fixing” updates, etc

The declining control of quality, the pursuit of so-called innovation and the bugs travelling from one new version to the next is an oft-discussed and documented issue when it comes to Apple products. People still buy and use them, myself included. You can’t blame Steinberg of using the tech industry’s leading practices as inspiration. Compare that to the support and dedication to users you find at VSL or u-he, just as an example. This is what happens when you have millions of users and have to keep inventing new features which cater to very different tastes and requirements. Even Spectrasonics support has become somewhat of a joke. No way around that, I believe. Personally I just try to go around the bugs and marketing trash and just work with what we have. I’ve switched from Logic several years ago when Expression Maps were introduced in Cubase. If another DAW comes along which does what I need it to do faster, more elegantly and efficiently, I’d switch again without hesitation. And probably adapt to a new set of bugs and quirks.

Look at HAlion 5 there has not been any fixes for over a year, No new Content ether…
The problems I had which keeps me from using it has been verified by tec support, and a fix
was plan for the next update that was over a year ago. I bought something that I never used

My only concern is plug ins menu and work-flow-stopper new mixer.
In Old mixer I could get things done 75% faster.
New mixer is too cluttered, not-workflow friendly, too much scrolling and clicking to get something simple like oshow inserts.
New mixer = great fail.

Best fastest mixer in my opinion and I wanted Steinberg to go this route. All this hide and seek clicking in Cubase is ridiculous. In the Logic mixer it’s all there at a glance…plus you can see your midi plug-ins and change an instrument from the mixer as well. :slight_smile:

+1

Only if logic was available for Windows… but I’m thinking g of getting a Mac just cuz of logic

I read these threads and wonder if I have a special version of Cubase 8.5!

I bought a high end Scan 3XS PC Workstation designed for Cubase from the ground up.

Cubase 8.5 (64bit) and Wavelab Pro 9 (64bit) run on Windows 7 Pro (64bit) with 100% rock solid stability.

Cubase and Wavelab are fast, stable, intergrated and make for a fully professional workflow.

I run 10 hour days, using all the industry standard plugins and VI’s including a whole slew of DSP from UAD - heck I even have a Powercore 6000 on firewire running 32 plugins in the built in VST Bridge ALL without a single issue.

My arrangements often feature huge numbers of tracks, 200+ mix plugins, large numbers of VI’s all running very smoothly with low latecny thanks to well written RME drivers.

Importantly my system is run very carefuly with a full written up install log, drive imaged (no casual internet surfing or video games!) and fully backed up on internal and external drives.

If you need a professional level performance and result from any software (Cubase included), in my experience you need a professional workstation system run professionally.

It really is that simple in my studio.

I find the same re:very poor graphics on Mac compared to Windows. Just with only one audio loop playing the play head stutters and is laggy …no CPU load or pressure on the hard disk.
I really wish that could be fixed.

@Noiseboyuk,

I was just about to ask you the same thing since you mentioned that you’ve heard good things. Could you please elaborate? :slight_smile:

+1

Steinberg pay attention pleaseee!!!

1. Add “mixer undo” to Cubase 9 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  2. Better mixer navigation.
  3. An preference to turn off “scroll to change parameters” in the mixer, so we can use the racks like they´re supposed to.
  4. Improve grid features on the sample and key editor

In general, please Pay attention to Feature requests! I feel like its a bottomless pit, where no one listens to you, except other frustrated users.

Cubase 9 is hopefully already in beta, don’t get too disappointed :wink:

Sadly I can’t really - just an off the record comment from someone with a little inside knowledge. No idea how accurate it will turn out to be, but it was so damning to release that “we are listening” response here, followed up by that hopeless poll and a complete forum absence. Even if Cubase 9 turns out to be the stuff of dreams, they really have got to address their communication issues.

Was there ever a closed plea to Steinberg?

All the features and fixes we want in cubase 9, they’re here already but in Logic and studio-one

Steinberg are the leaders of innovation in the DAW market which is why you use Cubase because the workflow is the most efficient. It never crashes for me but I just update later. Nuendo tends to have all the features of Cubase put in later after all of the bugs are ironed out. So… You could either wait to update Cubase instead of keeping it up to date all of the time and update once the bugs are ironed out or you could use Nuendo.

Perhaps Steinberg should just continue doing their thing except give some pre-released software to the top producers and engineers in the world for them to use an help with bug support rather than relying on low level producers to test their beta products. This would also be killer marketing.

Personally I still use 6.5 and it does what I need to produce and record. I own 7 but there was an issue with the control room mixer on the initial release of 7 and my studio is still pulling in good money using 6.5 which I am use to so I’m not in a huge issue to upgrade, it’s still years ahead of Pro Tools. If they could get the latency down even lower with then the same plugins or improve multi-threading or multi-core support somehow to make the program run faster than it is right now, that would be huge as it’s annoying keeping up to date with the latest cpu hungry 3rd party VSTis but you often have to do it to keep up with modern production styles. Spire is a b*tch and likes to take over the whole DAW but the way Cubase works is it puts a single plugin on a single core rather than spreading them over all 8 so one plugin can slow down your whole PC even though there is technically processing power still available so there might be a way to use this power to make the session play smoothly without glitches. This in my opinion, would give the biggest illusion of stability even though it would be an entirely new feature.

Tom Watson I’d go back to 6.5 if it had bounce in place ( please correct me if I’m wrong ) Starting with version 8 it’s been a bucket of bolts. The “innovation” has come at a steep cost of stability and half baked ideas not terribly well implemented. I hope to see fixes before version 9. Tidy it up Steinberg.

Yeah, me to,