An open plea to Steinberg

+1 to the original post.

+1 to the original post here, as well.

Cubase is like a big old Tanker, sturdy but slow. Surely in this day and age we can get this thing running efficiently like a Ferrari.

+1 Bump!

+1

With Autumn here and Dec 2nd approaching, a little thread revival. I was just looking at this Feature Requests thread - [BON-18357] Option to disable new 8.5 window edge pop ups - Cubase - Steinberg Forums - 7 pages of desperate +1s, and not really a single comment praising the status quo. And not one comment from Steinberg in 9 months.

I truly hope Cubase 9 marks a step change. Off the record I’ve heard positive things, but there is no indication of it here. There is still zero engagement between the Cubase development team and the users, in stark contrast to even Steinberg’s own Cubasis team. The current version has fixed a few of the bugs to be sure, but in terms of all those smaller workflow irritations, a stony silence. Anyone have any reasons to be cheerful that I may have missed?

… Or possibly a ‘Steiny’ silence :wink:

No need to clap! :wink:

+1 Fix bugs

No reasons whatsoever. Steinberg took our honest wishes and requests, and instead of hearing them, calculated the right response that will keep us from rebelling, while still keeping their trajectory of new (half)features every release. So they pretended to listen, fixed a few bugs and promised to fix a few more…someday. That apparently worked as this thread subsided.

There is a 1% chance I’m wrong, and v9 comes out with all the major bugs fixed and all the workflow enhancements there, but after over a decade of using SB products, I highly doubt it.

It’s baffling to me. When you ask something in the presales section…bam, inmediate answer. Here, absolute silence.

It’s a little sad because we seem to be the people making revenue for steinberg/yamaha.

I still can’t believe that VCA arms record and monitor of grouped tracks (have to press a modifier key to override, negating the use of key commands), I have been told by Guillermo that this is by design so, I would like a designer to explain the logic behind that.

I hope cubase 9 fixes all of this things, but, I have little hopes for that (ejem, sampler?)

I’m not going to 9 unless they offer fixes for 8.5.
The more I use Logic I realize how half baked Cubase is and how bloated and buggy. I’m sorry Steinberg. I’ve bought most of your instruments and upgraded for years but since version 8 it’s laggy…full of crashes…the media bay scans for a super long time…it’s buggy…and more. Stop adding half baked ideas …fix version 8 and I may upgrade.

Groove Agent SE 4?

I just wonder how much time and resources went in to Cubasis 2 that could have gone into bug fixs for 8.5?

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 …

+1 from me!

I’ve used Cubase for a very long time (came from Cool Edit Pro!!) and have always loved it, but it’s not been stable for me since 6.5.

I’m now on 8.5 and things are so bad some days that I’m considering going back…,which is a shame because I love the new mixer…but there’s nothing worse than being in the flow and then Cubase freezes/crashes/spikes/blips…and pulls you out of the zone and into troubleshooting mode.

My computer has remained the same through all of my upgrades, clean and optimised the best I can, but I’m now in a position where I need to upgrade, but then I see so many people having issues on newer PCs too that I just don’t know what to do. Especially when it seems to be on a computer by computer basis :confused:

Sometimes, I really wish Steinberg would team up with an audio PC (and Mac) company and build a range of systems, low budget to high end, that would be optimised, tuned, stable and awesome - just for running Cubase…

But, anyway…yes…please fix what you can before adding more features. We love Cubase so much!

I get the impression the systems pre-built by companies such as ADK and Scan are very stable when running Cubase. You may want to look into that kind of thing as you get ready to buy a new computer.

I’m not sure I totally agree that buying new hardware is the solution. I can run an easy 60 tracks of audio and software instruments in Logic X on my mac with no crashes…no visible laggy issues either. Same hardware…same operating system and I’m using Steinbergs UR28M and their drivers. I find Cubase to perform better in Windows 8.1 than on Mac I’ll admit.

It’s annoying to watch the play head stagger and lurch when making simple mouse movements across the main arrange window since Cubase 8…and worse now in 8.5 on my mac. Again…the windows 8.1 performs better. So what’s up with that? Everything was great before Cubase 8. No lag on Mac.

I agree - I posted about this the other day and someone just said as much. have been looking into both Scan and Inta-audio here in the UK. It would be nice to start with a good, stable audio optimised base, and then take it from there with Cubase. :slight_smile:

But still, I long for the stability of Cubase 6.5. I’m actually re-installing it as I type - just to get a project finished that 8.5 has fallen out with…

Inta-Audio are great! I purchased my current machine from them just coming up to two years ago now… one of the best decisions i ever made!
I always used to self build but for various reasons am no longer able to, a friend of mine had one from them for a year or so and he couldn’t speak highly enough of them… i’ve had exactly the same experience… highly recommended!

That’s really encouraging to hear! I’m so pleased it all worked out for you. They certainly look like a good company.
It’s such as scary prospect when you’re looking to upgrade - especially when you’re talking £800+ (probably pushing £1200+ with added SSDs and going I7…which I guess I ought to). I think I’ll call them up tomorrow and have a chat :slight_smile:

Anyhow, sorry for derailing the thread slightly, but thanks for the input! Much appreciated! :smiley:

Hang on 'till black friday if possible, i got about 24% off or so as they were already running a promotion and they did the black friday deal on top of it… made a significant saving.