An option I would extremely *really* like to see in Cubase

Is to have the locators moveable only when holding down ctrl. Otherwise, I would like to be able to click a thousand times anywhere on that upper bar and not have the locators move.

Clicking+holding on the time bar and dragging up/down is the primary way I zoom in and out while working in Cubase, and when working quickly (as becomes natural), the number of times in which my click is a pixel too high and moves the locator placement is countless. It would be perfect in function for me if holding ctrl and clicking on the bar would move the locators in the same manner that they currently are moved simply by clicking up there, and if simply clicking up there would only serve to set the transport cursor location, and for zooming in/out when click+hold+dragging.
Losing my locator placement is a somewhat common frustration.

Btw, is it possible to lock the locators in place? If not, an icon to do that would also be nice.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
{‘-’}

Funnily enough I’m the total opposite!!!

I would like the click/hold zoom thing to go altogether, hate it, G and H for me all the way :smiley:

Forget it, Split… :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Yep, this one bites me all the time too.

Of course you can disable drag zoom, but you probably know that right? :mrgreen:

Zoom while locating in time scale :smiley:

Still doesn’t stop me hating it though…

please remember this is just an opinion :wink:

Now that’s human. :ugeek:

and +1 on a lock locators pref.

This happens to me occasionally too. It would be nice if it at least was undoable. Simple; accidently move a locator, hit undo. It would be nice if you could do this with faders too.

+1 for me too. Done the same thing more times that I can count. At least an undo!

Actually, when I went from Cubase SX3 to Cubase 5, I half-assumed they’d have fixed this function-quirk by that point because it seemed like it was an obvious and easily-fixed complication. Other than this issue, I don’t think I have anything negative to say about Cubase :stuck_out_tongue: (hoping the addressed the drum-editor de-select quirk in C6).

Aloha,
I agree. I would like to be able to undo EVERYTHING.

I remember years ago when the ‘Unlimited Undos’ feature was announced.
It was great! It helped to make me feel more secure using Cubase.

So after all these years, me thinks an

‘Any change to any part of Cubase can be Undone’

[/b]
feature would be ‘killer’.

Maybe it’s just a pipe dream but it would be nice.
{‘-’}

If that were so would it not mean saving on exit?