Annotations/Date and Time placement

Can I make Date and Time print a little higher on the page? Only the tops of the letters appear about 6mm above the bottom of the Letter Size paper. Then there is a 10mm gap above that to the lowest note of the music.

I tried changing Music Frame Margin and Page Margin settings, some radical changes in both directions. No effect at all, so I put them back as they were. I wouldn’t surprised to learn that my cheap HP printer leaves a 6mm blank area at page bottom. Perhaps the only way to change my result would be if I could make Date and Time be printed a few mm higher on the page.

Not directly, no. I can’t remember whether that text is placed a fixed distance from the edge of the page or from the page margins, but you could try increasing the bottom page margin on the Page Setup page of Layout Options.

I’m starting to suspect my printer now, not a Dorico issue at all. Sometimes the characters are all there intact on some printouts from a few days ago. Thanks for your time and patience.

Is it possible to edit the information in the annotations?
I just tried putting time and date on my parts, but in trying to do that dorico also added filepath and filename. Far too much info on the last edge of the paper.

No, at the present time it is not possible to specify which particular bits of text are shown when printing.

I generally use the ProjectPublisher field of the ProjectInfo to store a date stamp of my own devising (yymmdd) and have added a footer field using that token in my custom Page Templates to right align the info at the bottom of each page of score and parts.

I have the same problem as @carstencoach . When chosing date and time in the annotation, it also includes filepath. Have anyone found a solution? Is this a bug, as long as it says it only will include date and time?

It’s not a bug, as this is how the software is designed to work at present, but as you can see from this thread, it’s been suggested in the past that we should separate these options, and this is something we will consider for future versions.