First off, that annoying bug the when NOT selecting the “Insert ID3 Tag” when exporting an MP3, resulted in exporting them anyway, seems to be fixed now. That’s good!
But these following things make feel like weeping and crying and whipping the horses eyes :::
1. Not sufficient ID3-tag export entries when exporting an MP3 file:
It would be great if you could insert the ID3-tags that Windows 7 supports for an MP3 file, like:
- COPYRIGHT (!!!) (how do you even do that manually in Windows?)
- Contributing Artists
- Publisher (NOT MEANING: “Artist”)
- Author URL
- Genre (by TYPING it, the list only by choice!)
- Comments (currently they will NOT show, when opening the properties --> details of an MP3 file!)
- Beats per Minute (could be taken directly by the projects tempo, if wanted)
- Protection state
- Group Description
- (Mood, initial key, part of compilation etc.)
Maybe I could drop a few of those but the Copyright bit definitely SHOULD be a choice to be enabled! I’ve been wondering that how do you make this manually, anyway?? Try to do it. If you succeed, please let us all know, how you did it.
And all the options above could be “checkboxed” so that you don’t have to delete all the data, if you want to include only some into the exported file, and later from another project some other data to that particular exported MP3.
EDIT: I do know that you can do these on Windows (except for the Copyright bit) but that just plain SUCKS editing numerous MP3 properties of dozens of MP3 files afterwards. Believe me…
2. File Format not remembered on-the-project basis on the Export Audio Mixdown-window:
It would be ŚOOOOO nice to have that parameter saved also with the project-file, since at least for me, I jump a lot between the actual Mixing project to the corresponding Mastering project of that same song (meaning that the exported audio mixdown WAV-file is imported to the mastering project as a single file, and then mastered there) and very often forget to change the audio format correctly (in the mixing project I use 96kHz 32-bit FP export, and in the mastering project I naturally export to 44.1kHz 16-bit WAV-file).
If that info would be saved with the project, you wouldn’t have to remember that every single time (first when you export the mixdown from the first project, and second time when you export from the mastering project + maybe dozen of similar scenarios exist). And all the other info is saved anyway on the Export Audio-window, so why not that one??
EDIT: Also the Output frequency and bit-depth settings should be saved with the Project File!
Okay, any comments?