Annual Request: Equal height vertical spacing in Key Editor

+1
(the lines between B and C, E and F could be dashed)

+1

+1
This is a great suggestion! Please Steinberg, make this an option!

Giving this a bump so it’s not forgotten.

In addition to better visual recognition of chords, it also saves valuable vertical screen space for the key editor.

Even if there are a bunch of things that have higher priority, I guess it’s not a massive task to set all keys to have equal height.
(And really no need for optional preference as some suggested).

+1 but it seems to be already forgotten :frowning:

I created a petition to get this addressed. Just search for “Cubase” at Change_org and you’ll find it.

Yes, it is necessary. This is important, because I think many composers work with visual representation of flowing paterns.

Yes, that has always been weird. But what shall those who adapted o it 20 years ago do when it changes? :laughing:

Can somebody make a real piano with gaps between B & C and E & F? It will be the way Steinberg pushes us to go.

+1 and bump
I come from Ableton and really enjoy Cubase so far. I want to invest in Cubase and use it as my primary DAW, however the extra spaces in the piano roll make it extremely hard to read the distance inbetween the notes and makes my workflow very slow compared to Ableton. I would love to see a feature to turn off these pesky little spaces, cheers.

Make an option to toggle it on and off. Very simple, everyone wins.

Celebrate :slight_smile:

Exactly :laughing:

No need for an option. I can’t see why anyone would actually need it as it is now. Maybe someone with a piano as described above :slight_smile:
Just make it normal, please…

I agree completely, just throwing the idea out there so there is a trade off in case older users are upset.

They did it! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

+1

They can celebrate now, with Cubase 11 :slight_smile: