Another lonely night

re mastered and added guitar break…

http://knmac.bandcamp.com/track/another-lonely-night

My thanks if you take a listen.

Yo K,

it’s an insistent bass line…maybe you could try
some variation in the chorus or somewhere?

Perhaps the kick could have more thump and
a bit less thwack (for want of a better description).
The hats are a bit sizzly too, filling up a lot of sonic
landscape.

Nice synths and geetar.

Hi Jet…hope you are well :slight_smile: :slight_smile: thanks for the listen, as ever my production skills are left wanting, I keep trying, I keep failing…
ah well , such is life…

best, Kevin :slight_smile:

Hi Kevin,

I don’t think the f-word is appropriate here. :wink:

If there was one thing you might improve in this piece it
would be the bass.

had to think about that for a mo… :laughing: :laughing:

just thought a driving bangin bass would do something for it…but maybe not on one note all the time… :blush:

Bass WAS a bit repetitive – I mean, it’s THE SAME FING NOTE THROUGH THE ENTIRE FING SONG :laughing:

But even that didn’t bother me anywhere near as much as the drums…they’re like wispy. thin veneers of what real drums should sound like, especially on a rocker like this. Did you EQ them or something? Is that SSD? Hate those. Still, not sure what to suggest here, but the drums need a major re-doing

Guitar(s) sound decent – 80’s Marshalls all the way. Really, it’s a good song, and I have come to really like your vocals. So, beef up the drums and you’ll be much closer to greatness :sunglasses:

Greatness will elude me forever…I am a rubbish producer, what more can I say or do… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
might try and fit another note in the bass area but it’s gonna get a bit crowded :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

best, Kevin :slight_smile:

What they said. :confused:

You’d posted a track recently, well perhaps a couple of months back now, where I thought you’d pretty much nailed things but this time I think you’ve slipped somewhat. Well, that happens to all of us!

But it’s a nice enough song and it’s all quite salvageable! Greatness in terms of the mix might have eluded you on this particular occasion but all is not lost! I’ve heard you when you’ve got things sounding pretty good so I know there’s potential to get this one up to that same standard.

As the others have mentioned… some rethinking re the bass line and I’d be doing some major mix/levels/EQ work on the drums. Get the rhythm section sorted and the rest will fall into place I’m sure :slight_smile:

thanks sherz but I think I nailed it by accident :blush: :blush:
I’m a bit flaky when it comes to production :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

I think your production was really good. I too got a bit tired of the repetitive bass but it did work for the song.
I didn’t analyze each part because I think that’s a waste of time. I don’t do that when I listen to a song on the radio.
Overall I’d say good job.

Decent production the high end hurts to listen too. Its not only the high end on hat…it is entire track. It’s a catchy tune and I would fix the eight note bass part also. Guitar parts and vocals call for a stronger bass
Oh well sorry if I came down to hard :slight_smile:
Kenny