Antelope AFX2DAW Crashing Cubase

I don’t have much of a problem with that when mixing. AFX2DAW is only meant for post production. Forget about using it for tracking unless you use the inserts in the control panel. I have to be careful not to max out the inserts though as that has caused the interface to bug out, when that happens I get the same results, empty or removed AFX inserts which screws up the project, in that case just open the previous backup to get back on track (pardon the pun).

I only use afx2daw in the mixing stage. But as I mentioned, I get a delay of 180 msec on the track were it is inserted. Do you have the same problem? I use Cubase 10.5 and Windows 10

AFX2DAW creates 181ms of latency in my projects, so pretty much the same even though I’m using Thunderbolt, but during playback Cubase automatically takes care of plugin latency without having to use delay compensation. Does this have an adverse effect on your mixes because I don’t experience any?

Hi Marky, my Cubase 10.5 is not compensating that 181 msec Plugin latency. Is there a setting within Cubase to turn on or off??

In preferences under VST there is an option to set a threshold for delay compensation, but this is generally defaulted to 0, meaning it will apply to all plugins. Can you actually hear the delay on the track then? I was on Cubase 11 Pro when I bought the Zen Q so not sure if that makes a difference, but it shouldn’t.

Sorry for late response. Yes I hear the latency very good. Its about 180 msec on that Afx2daw track during playback of the project. I dont have any effect selected in the afx2daw. So its only afx2daw giving that delay. But, you write you have the same latency, but h=you don’t hear it. How do you know there is a latency??