Any Chord Track experts out there ?

I am trying to enter a few chords on the Chord Track by entering blank chords (X) with the pencil tool, then double clicking with the selection tool to enter the correct chords.

However I have set the Scale manually to ‘C sharp major’ (turned automatic scales off in inspector), but when I enter C sharp it displays as D flat, also if I enter A sharp minor it displays as B flat minor - shouldn’t these be following the set scale i.e. C sharp major which is the only scale icon displayed in the scale bar.

Glen

Have you tried clicking the enharmonic field in the info line?

Yes, but that only seems to work for one chord, if I enter another one it returns to displaying a flattened chord even with the scale set to C sharp major ??

I have a feeling enharmonic spellings are dealt with poorly, but I haven’t checked that out yet. It is annoying, I’ll tell you that. I do believe though that if you select several chords you can change them at once by holding down a modifier key.

The chord editing functions are very nice though, and go a bit farther than the chord track.

I wonder, out of curiosity, why you are working in C# maj instead of Db Maj? I would find E#, A# and B# pretty uncomfortable for reading, compared to F, Bb and C.

Not being the best musician in the world I’m trying to create a guitar chord track so I can play along with a track from a UK 60’s group called The Searchers. From the internet I believe the song was written in C# major the song is called Don’t Throw Your Love Away.

What do you mean by good chord editing ? - manual page no please - thanks :slight_smile:

Well, the Chord Functions chapter, I guess.

What I mean is in many editors in Cubase there’s a way to make and edit chords and their inversions, not just the chord track’s chord editor and and the chord assistant.