Any Nektar Panorama users? P4 w/ Cubase 12.0.2/Halion 6 Broken

Nektar Panorama P4 w/ Cubase 12.0.2/Halion 6 no longer works properly.

Scrolling though Halion presets using the Nektar does not work at all in Cubase 12.0.2. Works properly in Cubase 11.

Assuming you’re referring to Halion 6 in Cubase, Have you posted to Nektar support? Do They need to update their package for Cubase 12?

Thank you. I have contacted Nektar.

Cubase 12.0.2 has stopped my Nektar Panorama controller from changing patches in Steinberg VSTIs (Halion 6 and Groove agent have been tested) using the Patch + and Patch - buttons. I have contacted Nektar support but received no response. Is anyone else having this problem?

Nektar has confirmed this to be a problem. This is the response:

“Yes, this is an issue that we are aware of with Cubase 12 and we’re working on an update. We hope to release it soon, but I cannot say when at this time.”

Although I haven’t ran into this issue since I don’t use Halion a lot, I am glad to see they are still supporting the P4/6.

I’m not wanting to replace this midi controller anytime soon because it’s still one of, if not…the best controllers out there. It will be a sad day when a show stopper bug comes and they stop supporting.

1 Like

I have a Nektar Panorama P6 and am planning on upgrading to Cubase 12 soon, so I’m glad I ran into this thread. Aside from the patch button/selection issue, are there any other issues you ran into? Also, which version of the Panorama/Cubase integration drivers are you using?

This is the only issue I have encountered but ironically, at least for me, this is one of the most important features as I like to audition patches from the keyboard instead of having to navigate the UI. While testing I re-installed the package from the Nektar website under my account profile download area. same result so I assume this is the latest build (I believe its from 2015 if I am not mistaken).

Actually, Nektar posted an updated set of integration/drivers on their web site, and that version is from 2020. Not sure if it will fix your problems, but probably a good idea to upgrade to it regardless.

Nektar has confirmed there is an issue with cubase 12 so I’ll wait for their update.