Any plans to fix the notepad?

Whatever they did to the notepad has made it really difficult to keep notes now. It’s bad enough that you’re locked in, once you’re in and that you can’t use the cursor to jump around in the space to add/delete or make changes to text. But once you’ve got your notes loaded, you can’t even slide up and down to read your full notes! :confused:

Can we please get this back to 6.5 and before status?

No issues here on Mac Nuendo. Looks like a PC thing?

Oswald

You don’t have to navigate with the arrows, you can just move around with your cursor?
You don’t have to use the escape button to get out of the window when you’ve finished writing?
If your text requires scrolling, you can do that?

WTH? I have all of those fundamental features in N6.5 and older? Why did they change it for PC users?!!? :question:

Agreed. Seems very awkward to use now.

Aloha guys,

Just to chime in.

For many years I too have had probs with the notepad feature.

One thing that has helped (a lil) is to always use the ‘Plaintext’ format
rather that ‘Richtext’; which tends to muck things up.

Years ago I submitted a feature request to have the notepad feature become
a simple but ‘real’ word processor built right in.

And perhaps be able to enter simple music notation as well?

Yeah right. Sure.

Still, not a deal breaker but would be nice tho’.

Good Luck!
{‘-’}

We are speaking about notepad as part of Inscpector, right?

You don’t have to navigate with the arrows, you can just move around with your cursor?

I can click in any part of the text to enter or change text.

You don’t have to use the escape button to get out of the window when you’ve finished writing?

I can click in any other part of a Nuendo window to go on working there. No “Escape” needed.

If your text requires scrolling, you can do that?

I can scroll the text with mouse reel.

Oswald

Any other Mac owners finding their notepads working as intended like Oswald? Is this really a PC problem? Sure would be nice to hear from SB on this (along with the VCA thing and another 100 topics). :confused:

I agree… the notepad is messed up.
I just upgraded to 8.03 and realized I can’t use the notepad.
As is noted, I can type, have to hit esc to exit, and have no editing capability.
Thought by 8.03 they would have these minor bugs repaired.
Please, SB… perform repairs before you add new features. It helps no one if they have to deal with these problems when working.

I’m going back to 7.5 until I try your next update.