Anyone else find Gearslutz a confusing place to be?

SF,

lol, top man! :wink:

Paul

I Don’t use facebook either :wink:

Strophid,

lol, top man! :wink: :wink:

Paul

AHHHH! I am in the old people forum… GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe FaceBook should be renamed FaceSlutz :mrgreen:

or maybe your in the ‘‘discerning peeps forum’’ :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:

Actually, since there’s a greater volume of people there, I find Gearslutz to be a far better place to discuss music computers, or all music related topics. That means getting help or giving help, sharing methods, tips etc.

no problem agreeing with what you say…

I just keep getting lost :laughing:

I agree to a degree!

There is a lot of inexperience whisper down the lane there too. :confused: Regurgitation without experience or pwaktikel quacktice.

I thought you would have been a fan of the “Udder Place”! :smiley:

Back to the OP: Also a list of all your recent posts is in a sidebar on the right, tagged if there are new replies.

Have to sign in of course to see that!

I love Gearslutz. However, I probably spend 90% of my time a small subforum that doesn’t get pounded with a ton of posts. As a lot of my recording is remote stuff these days, I end up on the Remote forum quite a bit. There are a lot of smart people with very deep experience over there.

My next most visited subforum is the computer one (mainly the cubase subsubforum, if that is even a word).

I will admit, many of the other subforums get a ton of topics moving through, so it is hard to keep up. When I post and want to followup, I go my CP and just look for my posts and take it from there. It’s faster.

-Tom

I am almost 5 years and slowly slipping away. the site is well easy to navigate with plenty of options for following threads and participating. The real issue is everyone now trolls decent threads which makes the hard to follow and mind numbing read through.

As I go on the net is just becoming more useless unless I am promoting. Same info, same type of threads, same responses… Honestly, how many desert synth threads does one sub section need? I would rather learn new techniques while others like the plot their solitude on an island, lol