Anyone else get this when updating to Cubase 10.5.10?

I’ve had this issue before with the Library Manager on High Sierra - downloading the latest version makes no difference. No issue today running the 10.5.10 update. But this has occurred before with the latest HALion update, and is frustrating. Clearly, something needs to be fixed. Trashing Preferences is not an option.

anyway trashing prefs didn’t make any difference for me whatsoever. At some point I even went through my entire system and removed absolutely everything with the name Steinberg in it…but now I can’t even really get it installed again, same error every time, not only for cubase but for the dorico installer too.

So I’m stuck until there is a resolution of some kind and absolutely no idea what to do.

Same here. Updated SB Library Manager (to 3.0.25), and reinstalled CB 10.5.10 update. Same err.message.
Mojave, no add. antivirus, no maintenance, no firewall.

Hi Jan,

Is this going to be resolved?

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear that the issue persists on your systems.
Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce the issue on any mac in house, so we need to ask your for some manual file management.
The installer should usually clean up any old helper versions and replace them correctly.
Please delete the following files by hand, to make sure that they can be reinstalled:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.steinberg.HALionLibraryInstallerHelper.plist
/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.steinberg.HALionLibraryInstallerHelper

Afterwards restart your computer to make sure that there is no open program blocking the files.
Then reinstall the Steinberg Library Manager with the installer from this page:

As stated above, you need to ensure that there is no interference by anti virus or maintenance programs (onyx, mackeeper etc.)
If the issue persists afterwards, please get in touch with our support department by opening a regular ticket.

Cheers,

Jan

This does not fix the issue. Same error after deleting files and reinstalling latest Steinberg Library Manager.

// deleted my comment, because i made a better explanation later on in this threat.

No change.

This is what happens:

We click ‘Cubase 10.5 Update.pkg’

We get asked to elevate. This seems to go fine until the ‘Content’ section.

We get asked to elevate again -

Then it fails. Log shows:

default 19:10:49.508528 +0000 Steinberg Library Manager Steinberg Library Manager privileged helper is out of date. found(-1.-1) needed(1.10)

Every time immediately before the failure, there is a certificate revocation check -

default 19:10:44.563070 +0000 trustd asynchronously fetching CRL (http://crl.apple.com/root.crl) for client (com.steinberg.HA[1648]/0#-1 LF=0)

…is it possible Steinberg test Macs have a development cert installed that we end users do not?

Tried that; didn’t work :confused:

Same here. Above sollution doesnt work.

too bad, for me it worked. hope for you guys you can find it out also.

Nothing works so far. Getting this burned into memory though.
SLM error.png
Could it be something to do the helper having the wrong version? :open_mouth:

Same problem here, still not working. I have tried to completely uninstall everything and REBOOT. Interestingly after reboot, Dorico 3.1 was able to install the app, before it was stuck. But not the sound installer, so never mind. Anyway, after installing Dorico (which installs Library Manager x.23 by the way, I tried to install Cubase again and doesn’t work. Tried to install latest Library Manager x.25, and rebooted too, Cubase installer still doesn’t work. Dorico sound installer also broken.

maybe the people having this problem, are any of them using Dorico 3.1? Perhaps the Dorico installer breaks something that makes it impossible to fully install the latest Cubase?

Anyway, I don’t understand why Steinberg can’t replicate this. Something is broken Steinberg…

Dont use dorico so that cant be the problem, I guess.

ps - tried the retrologue update suggestion and that didn’t work. And that was probably downgrading Library manager back to something older BTW.

I hear references made to beta tests, but there’s little evidence of them being comprehensive enough.

I am sorry guys my guide was incomplete. i forgot to mention i downloaded the full installer and copied 3 files from the additional content folder manual to the VST Sound folder located on my drive.

Search for these 3 files in the additional content folder that comes with the full installer:

FCP_SMT_112_Retrologue_Presets.vstsound
FCP_SMT_796_Retrologue2_Presets.vstsound
FCP_SMT_777_MPE_Sounds_Retrologue.vstsound

Copy those files to:
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound

After that i did a full install of this file:

Also check all the options. (including the library manager).

After that, i installed the full installer Cubase_10.5.10_Installer_mac again and all was fine for me.
Lots of work, but i hope it helps!, for me it did.

Thanks for clarifying that. The work around worked for me.

and copied 3 files from the additional content folder manual to the VST Sound folder located on my drive.

I basically did that for all the VST Sound files on the both the Dorico and Cubase full installer. Once I copied all the files over, now both installers run to completion without error.

Library Manager detected all the content, it detected some duplicates, which it was unable to remove duplicates.

All of this leads me to believe that all of this is a permissions problem of some kind, but anyway, the work around worked for getting everything installed, manually copy the additional content first, then run the installer. I guess it works because the installer doesn’t have to try to copy any files and be confronted by permissions problems.

Well I take it back. The installers ran ok, but trying to access much of the content from inside Cubase or Dorico produces errors about missing audio files…bleh bleh. Dorico can’t even load up basic halion stuff…

Please steinberg…fix this… its effing broke.

In did not mention anything about Dorico. For a basic Cubase installation my guide must work to prevent the installer posting these messages. All the content in retroloque loads up fine.