Anyone use Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable on W10?

An update to a VST I am using says it needs to run the program listed in the subject, but Microsoft does not include it in the supported OS: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Anyone using this on W10?

Thanks!

But the installer does not provide the 2013 redistributable inside it?

Try to re-run the setup with elevated admin privileges (right click + shift, run as administrator).
The redistribute-able C++ library needs to be run with administrator privileges (when original UAC setting is active though).

Thanks mroekalea and Makumbaria.

The installer says to “click here to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable”. Before I did that I googled it, and found that Microsoft doesn’t list w10 as a supported OS. So, I’m a little hesitant …

I think I have 2010, 2012 and 2013 redistributable installed from VST and plugins. You’ll be fine. Create a restore point before install and test it.

It should work just fine. I have 2005 and 2008 installed on Windows 7 and 8.1 machines, although both packages are supported up to Windows XP SP2 only. A few plug-ins install those older Redistributables - no issues at all, they are just libraries to which the plug-ins refer (and can be easily uninstalled in case of issues).

Great, thanks makumbaria and Fabio. The tech guy from the software company has written back and said pretty much the same thing, but not as detailed confirming that it works in “unsupported” OS. So much appreciated!