Anyone using MIDI Quest's VST mode with Cubase 6?

I’ve been having significant troubles getting MIDI Quest VST Instrument plugins working in Cubase the past couple of weeks, and I’m curious whether there are some fundamental issues that are going to make my efforts futile.

I’m prepared to take drastic measures in order to get this thing working, but am looking for signs of hope before I waste several hours doing uninstalls and re-installs of MIDI Quest and Cubase.

I have a number of old synths I really want to control on-the-fly with MIDI Quest 10 XL’s VST mode. This is the reason I bought the product (unfortunately the VST functionality wasn’t available in the demo). Using the standalone application I’ve been able to control my Roland rack modules with it (MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-7, MKS-80), but haven’t gotten a single one of those synths working properly in Cubase with the MIDI Quest instrument plugins yet, with a variety of error messages and unexpected behaviors.

Anyway- does anyone have this working? I will soldier on and report back if so.

Otherwise, I’m really not sure what I’m going to do for automating these badboys. They all expect SysEx for tweaking instrument parameters, and MIDI Quest looked to be the best solution…