Anyone using MOTU M2 or M4?

anyone using MOTU M2 2x2 USB-C Audio Interface with cubase 10.x?
wanted to know if it’s stable and works well with cubase.

1 Like

I’m using a M4 since four weeks on my Mac Mini with MacOS 14 and am very happy with it. Stable, low latency, sound quality is good enough for my bedroom studio. Oh, and: Cubase 10 here.

Yes. M4 user here for about 3 months now. Love it. Windows 10. Cubase Pro 10.5.20.

No stability issues at all for me. Note that it does not come with a USB-C to USB-C cable. It does come with a cable to go from the unit to a USB-A connector, which is how I use it. Bus power has been fine.

Latency is very good - but it has that knob to blend between the input signal and the playback for direct monitoring. I assumed that was just a “cute” feature but I’ve found it very handy. I can run the buffer at 64 samples for starting new projects but find that I need to move to 128 samples after a few things start getting added. I usually go to 1024 samples for the final mix. And there’s a “mysterious checkbox” in the driver window that says something about choosing the lowest safest latency. I’ve had that checked and assume it’s something dynamic. My PC is over 7 years old with an old i5 CPU.

Build quality and sound quality are excellent for home use. Highly recommended. I chose the M4 for it’s extra inputs. I do wish it had a second headphone output (but tracking with others hasn’t exactly been an issue lately!).

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, sounds good! I ordered it from amazon, I am going to upgrade my 2i2 2nd gen, I want to use 2i2(which I never had any issues with) for my YouTube computer … and wanted to get newer interface for my music PC.

That’s awesome, thanks…

I had to return my M2, headphone Volume Knob would not attenuate the amplitude, be it from DAW or Windows? too bad I liked the unit…

Getting my Motu M4 tomorrow morning overnight ship from Amazon

Can anybody recommend monitors with this audio interface?

I’m using the M4 and had no issues until just recently. I can’t get the m4 to recognize inputs for channel 1. When the guitar is plugged into channel 1 it shows a level on the m4 but won’t pull up in the audio track when it’s assigned correctly.