Anyone using old non-intel VST plugins in 6.0.2?

I had some issues with my old non-intel VST plugins when I updated from Cubase 6.0.0 to Cubase 6.0.1. Some of the plugins (perhaps all) did not show up in 6.0.1. I would like to know if anyone is using old non-intel VST plugins in 6.0.2.

All the old plugins are working fine in 6.0.0.

Model-E (an issue with the VST Bridge)
SupaPhaser
Karlette
A1
Dcota
Groove Agent
Hypersonic
Xphraze
Neon
cs40
Virtual Electric Guitar
Virtual Acoustic Guitar
Virtual Guitarist Electric Edition
Plex

TC Works
TC Spark

Anyone?

Here, although the ones of those plugins you mention, that I do have here, are visible in my plugins dropdown menus, they do not in fact open.
In fact, v6.0.2 is even a bit less forgiving than v6.0.1 was. (and, yes, I shall miss some of those plugins too :wink: ).
Also do bear in mind that, as the Mac steers its slow journey towards 64-bit only, there won’t be any non-intel plugins that will work.

As I wrote in the other thread you started on this subject, on April 6th:

From your list, I can’t get these to show up:

Karlette
A1
Dcota
Groove Agent
Neon
cs40
Virtual Electric Guitar
Virtual Acoustic Guitar

And again, from your list, these do show up and work over here:

Model-E
SupaPhaser
Hypersonic
Xphraze

With 6.0.2 I can now push SupaPhaser into the “no show” list. And that one will be missed.

Thanks.

Waldorf Attack doesn’t work anymore here either.
Although I originally bought it as a non-Intel, the newest (Carbon) update always worked properly under previous Versions. Does anyone have an Idea why this is happening?
I asked Steinberg but their support department seems to have ceased existing altogether. :unamused:

Yes, this is what happened when I updated to 6.0.1.

I will get very sad if I can’t get my old plugins to work in 6.0.2 or in future versions. It really would be great loss of great sounding plug-ins.

Waldorf Attack doesn’t work anymore here either.

There’s good news and bad news about this.
Good news first: The Carbon version of Attack never worked properly on an Intel box (try naming pads). In 6.0.2…it’s gone completely. However, the Edition version of Attack (as well as PPG Wave and D Pole) do work in 6.0.2 and as well as they ever did on a PPC Mac.

The bad news: the upgrade is gonna cost you 59 Euros.

http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/61933844.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=17834245

The only thing that takes the sting out of it is you get PPG Wave and D Pole along for the money.

The 59 Ois don’t bother me at all, if your information is really adequate.
Thanks a lot for that information :slight_smile: (and no thanks to the Steini mods who probably could have told me this as well)
If I have to spend 59 Euros just to keep my Attack running, so be it…

Yes.

I am missing A1. It might sound useless that synth but for me its important for bass sounds.

E

If you have Cubase SX 3 you can find the A1 inside of the Cubase SX 3 folder (the app) > Contents > vstplugins > Synths - move it to your vst folder. It works in Cubase 6.0.0.

s(M)exoscope - my lovely oscilloscope plug did not show up in 6.0.1\6.0.2 :frowning: .
Running Cubase 6.0.2 (32-bit) on Mac OS X 10.6.7 (64-bit)

Does anyone know if Steinberg are going to fix this in future updates? That is, get the non-intel VST working again?

try this - it’s what i always use for stereo monitoring when i don’t have the use of my RTW:

@haraldsson: i think you’d be safer expecting santa claus to turn up at your next pool-party…

Thanks. Stereotool is a nice tool. Have one. But i guess s(M)exoscope and Stereotool measure quite different things)))
Here is an interesting plug http://betabugs.de/products/oszillos-mega-scope/
stereotool.png
scope.png

I can’t even install non-intel plugins on SnowLeopard. is it possible??

I really really really miss Virtual Acoustic Guitarist :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I have installed non-Intel (Power-PC) plugins on Snow Leopard 10.6.7 64bit Kernel. But the fact, that Power-PC plugins do show up UI on Cubase 6.0.2 32bit ((( That’s what this topic about.
Also, Power-PC plugins will not work if Cubase launched in 64bit mode.

I didn’t even got that far to have them show up, i can’t even install them in the computer